AMP 2 Annealer
Just got my AMP 2 yesterday. Been playing with it all day. Great machine. Probably will be selling my Bench Source annealer.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
(09-23-2021, 10:54 PM)gorillamotors Wrote: Just got my AMP 2 yesterday. Been playing with it all day. Great machine. Probably will be selling my Bench Source annealer.

I have one also and love it. I did have an issue with a fan going bad and had to ship to New Zealand to fix. I feel I could have fixed it myself in 5 minutes if I had the part. But they are fixing it under warranty. Seems like such a waste to do a round trip from Kentucky to New Zealand to fix a fan. Opening it myself would have voided the warranty and I didn't want to risk it.

I've used it for 6.5 Creedmoor, .458 SOCOM and now using it for 6mm ARC. 

When I get it back I'm looking forward to using the new "automatic" mode where you don't have to push the start button to anneal. You put it in "auto" mode and it does the annealing when it senses you have inserted the brass.
Was there a recent firmware for the 'automatic' mode?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
(11-11-2021, 10:16 AM)gorillamotors Wrote: Was there a recent firmware for the 'automatic' mode?

Yes, new firmware. However the last I heard (right before I sent my unit in for fan repair) they were recommending people wait just a bit because they discovered issue where it wasn't counting the number annealed so they were going to fix that. Maybe that's fixed now, I haven't checked in a few days.
(11-11-2021, 10:46 PM)Patrickb4365 Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 10:16 AM)gorillamotors Wrote: Was there a recent firmware for the 'automatic' mode?

Yes, new firmware. However the last I heard (right before I sent my unit in for fan repair) they were recommending people wait just a bit because they discovered issue where it wasn't counting the number annealed so they were going to fix that. Maybe that's fixed now, I haven't checked in a few days.

I got my AMP annealer back from New Zealand with the cooling fan fixed and it works great. 

I decided to update the software to utilize the new "auto" mode where you don't have to push the start button to anneal a piece of brass. It simply recognizes you have entered a new piece and starts automatically. 

But I couldn't get their updating software to work and it in fact disabled (locked out) the "aztec" mode on my annealer. I had to contact customer support (which is awesome) to figure this out and they ended up sending me a special update that worked and fixed my unit.

I annealed 100 6mm ARC cases using the "auto" mode and it was great.

So I recommend the new "auto" mode but have to warn you that you might have updating issues like I had updating your unit. Their support has always been great, both when I had the issue with the fan going bad and now with this software update not working.  But personally I will be very wary of doing future updates unless I feel it's really necessary.