90 CX for reloading
Ok I have some Hornady .243 6mm 90gr CX bullets , it looks like LEVERevolution powder can be had and Hornady on their reloading page said they used Federal 205 primers which can be gotten 

I have 8 boxes of Hornady 103gr ELD-X ammo and will have a cz527 with a 24" barrel when PacNor sends it back 

So should I be able to match what is printed in their app. it lists 3000 fps for 31.7 gr and 3050 fps for 32.3 gr and how far down from max load is it safe to start at ?

Also Hornady listed Federal primers but are they the ones to use 

Turns out I know someone that reloads I just have to get the 6mm ARC stuff

Thanks
Thumbs Up 
May i inquire where did you find the 90 gr CX?

Id expect you would be able to achieve the 3000 FPS, Though 90FPS slower may be where the accuracy node falls or not. Until you start actually working with the load in your rifle you will only be able to loosely speculate what really shines for your application.

If it was me Id be trying Rem 7.5 primers as well as the fed 205's Ball powders often work better with a hotter primer.

Again may i inquire where did you find the 90 gr CX Wink
(08-12-2022, 07:27 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: May i inquire where did you find the 90 gr CX?

Id expect you would be able to achieve the 3000 FPS, Though 90FPS slower may be where the accuracy node falls or not. Until you start actually working with the load in your rifle you will only be able to loosely speculate what really shines for your application.

If it was me Id be trying Rem 7.5 primers as well as the fed 205's Ball powders often work better with a hotter primer.

Again may i inquire where did you find the 90 gr CX Wink

SGAmmo.com had 1 box of 50 left . I thought that would be the hard thing to get so I grabbed them even though I won't need for sometime
If I'm doing a rather well-known (to me) load workup I feel confident starting a ladder about 1/2 way up the data for that combo.
Honestly for a bolt-action and a new bullet, I would say start somewhere near the lowest end and work up, first do a single round at each charge level, increase the charge by 0.2 or 0.3 up to max. For first time 0.3 gr/load (1% of load volume) would be fine and cover more territory with a bit fewer pills. Then let's do a graph of the results. You are looking for how the curve will show on a graph. If you want send me the data and I will graph it for you. Picture is worth 1000 words.
Watch for signs of pressure, bolt lift, large MV jumps for your 0.3 increment, or large drop in MV, or 3050 ft/sec (pressure is directly related to MV so at Hdy's max MV you are probably at max pressure regardless of the powder charge.).
Whichever primer you use, will come out in the results, I use mostly 450 cci's.
I would not use cci 400 in this case however.
Don't use new brass, use 1x or 2x fired brass resized to your barrel's chamber.

Break in the PacNor with some factory loads, 103, 105 or 108's your choice.
(08-12-2022, 09:05 PM)grayfox Wrote: If I'm doing a rather well-known (to me) load workup I feel confident starting a ladder about 1/2 way up the data for that combo.
Honestly for a bolt-action and a new bullet, I would say start somewhere near the lowest end and work up, first do a single round at each charge level, increase the charge by 0.2 or 0.3 up to max.  For first time 0.3 gr/load (1% of load volume) would be fine and cover more territory with a bit fewer pills.  Then let's do a graph of the results.  You are looking for how the curve will show on a graph.  If you want send me the data and I will graph it for you.  Picture is worth 1000 words.
Watch for signs of pressure, bolt lift, large MV jumps for your 0.3 increment, or large drop in MV, or 3050 ft/sec (pressure is directly related to MV so at Hdy's max MV you are probably at max pressure regardless of the powder charge.).
Whichever primer you use, will come out in the results, I use mostly 450 cci's.
I would not use cci 400 in this case however.
Don't use new brass, use 1x or 2x fired brass resized to your barrel's chamber.

Break in the PacNor with some factory loads, 103, 105 or 108's your choice.
That's my plan on breaking in and I plan to use my Factory loads for this years hunt then use them for the reloads Since I have 160 rounds of Hornady 103 ELD-x ammo I will shoot it then move to reload and try the 90 CX
My biggest problem seems to be getting primers in smaller lots , everything I see is in 1,000's I need 100's .Maybe I can give extra to my friend for his help. I'm going to buy more ammo till I have 200 then use the factory brass to do my reloading.
May take me a while , since I shoot so little I was not going to reload until I found out I wouldn't have to buy all the equipment . 
For the little I shoot it doesn't make sense , buying everything
Ahh just admit it, your are well down the reloading path, hook line & sinker. You just don't have mama talked in to talking you in to it yet.
Bassfish1952,

Why CX 90s as there are other choices for lead free bullets?
(08-13-2022, 03:10 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Ahh just admit it, your are well down the reloading path, hook line & sinker. You just don't have mama talked in to talking you in to it yet.
If I shot more maybe , We'll see
(08-13-2022, 03:43 AM)alwie Wrote: Bassfish1952,

Why CX 90s as there are other choices for lead free bullets?
I haven't hunted in 35 years or so. Last year I started again and happened to use Hornady 6.5 CM 120gr CX. 4 shots 4 deer and the thru shots showed very good exit wounds.

I like things simple, I drive fords, fish Mercury motors and Phenix rods and now shoot Hornady ammo. The CX line preformed well and until it is shown not too I'll use it.

I got the 6mm ARC because it seems to be best for the micro action rifles and I had a cz527 sitting around doing nothing that really needed a new barrel and I am a fan of CZ rifles. 

Also I now eat deer 5-6 days a week ( my doctor says it's good for me) and don't want lead in my food.

If Hornady made a factory CX bullet for the 6ARC I would buy it and be happy BUT right now it gives me another thing to play with

How about someone telling Hornady to make a 6mmARC in 90CX superformance then life would be perfect  Big Grin