Poll: Have you had the case head ring?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.45%
10 45.45%
no
54.55%
12 54.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Case head ring poll
Taking a poll to see how wide spread the 6 arc "magnum" ring near the case head is.  Vote yes if you have had it happen on your brass, no if not.
..no, using converted Starline 6.5G
Yes with Lapua brass, no with Hornady.
No. Not on 6.5 Grendel either.
Non of my brass has any swelling at the case head, and I have some that getting retired soon. Some of it has been loaded 14 times. All but a 100 rounds is Hornady. The others are Starline.

I keep a close eye on my brass, and segregate bolt and gas gun.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Yes with Hornady 6.5G in 6.5G. ( Satern Liberty chamber only, not in JP chamber)
Yes with Hornady 6.5G converted to 243 LBC, but it was hot loads pre ARC data.
No with Lapua 6.5G in 6.5G(JP chamber only)
No with Starline 6.5 G converted to 6 ARC
No with Starline 7.62x39 converted to 243 LBC
#FJB
I have had this issue with max+ loadings while using Starline 6.5 and Winchester x39. I use a JP bolt with a Proof Research SS barrel. It freaking kills me that base belting is the first sign of pressure. Not primers, nor ejector or extractor.
The moment you've got it figured, you're wrong.
No issues with Hornady 6mm ARC brass or Lapua 6.5 G & 220 Russian converted brass. Though these are fired only in Bolt action rifles. Same experience with 6.5 grendel in the CZ 527 bolt action.

If I understand correctly, The individuals that do encounter this issue in there AR rifles Initially shut off the gas at the gas block to eliminate the semi auto operation for test purposes. My understanding is shutting off the semi auto, eliminates the case head ring. Then they go on to find the root cause of a timing issue.
ARC presents an intresting handloaders possibility.

Since there is data for both gas gun and bolt gun, it shows that the case SHOULD be able to withstand 62k psi.

Its just a question of how strong your bolt is.

Im guessing any load that is making rings on the case is WAY overpressure.