Barnes 105 Match Burners
Has anybody here tried these Barnes 105 MB's out in a gasser yet?  Currently they are the least costly of the heavies in 6mm/.243, something that definitely appeals to me.  The price is low enough that they could be used for "plinker fodder".
I have just started playing with them and Leverevolution in my 24" AR, They shot great for me. Worst group on the whole ladder was .9", with the best 2 (pretty much twin groups) at .5 Gonna load a detail ladder, then pick the best charge weight and see how they do out to 1100yds.
I haven’t tried the 105s but the Barnes 112 MB has worked very well for me in the 6 Creed bolt gun and the 6 arc gasser. Let us know how the 105s do. Cheaper Bullets are something we all are looking for
I just worked these up with StaBall in my 18" 243 LBC which has over 4500 rounds on it. I couldn't get the StaBall to work well in my 6.5 CM so I figured what the heck given I had the better part of a pound left. I settled on a load at 2325. I was getting near another node around max charge and approaching 2500 fps, but it felt abusive to my extractor (MLGS). Didn't do a lot of groups - just enough to confirm MOAish accuracy and reasonable SD. Loaded up 50 and took them to the steel range today and was pleasantly surprised. They had no problems getting on 10" steel at 550 yards as well as 2 MOA targets closer in - all positional shooting including my nemesis - getting low on 2 knees. So they do indeed work and work better than Hornady 105s for me. StaBall also works and gives Varget like speeds. I wouldn't go out of my way to use it, but if you have some lying around, ......
#FJB
(05-25-2022, 07:56 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: ….. StaBall also works and gives Varget like speeds. I wouldn't go out of my way to use it, but if you have some lying around, ......
Is StaBall temperature insensitive?
(05-27-2022, 04:53 PM)alwie Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 07:56 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: ….. StaBall also works and gives Varget like speeds. I wouldn't go out of my way to use it, but if you have some lying around, ......
Is StaBall temperature insensitive?
 Its no Varget or H4350 but it's supposed to be relatively insensitive for a ball powder. I recall seeing 0.6-0.7 fps per degree in the initial marketing claim.
#FJB