Factory vs reload
Quick question
What is over pressure ? I just got the Hornady app for my phone and the 6 arc data for Bolt Guns  shows 2 safe loads at 2800 and 2 max loads at 2850 . 
I am assuming that the 2850 loads showing Max would be at 62,000 psi for bolt guns.
I'm new to this and wondering if it is worth it to reload for 50 fps over their factory load of 103gr ELD-x listed at 2800 on the box.

Thanks for the help
Truth be told, If factory ammo shoots satisfactorily accurate in your rifle - Reloading 50 rounds per year would not pencil out in any fashion.

Personally I reload for a number of reasons and increased velocity, falls somewhere between not a goal or a bonus when it happens. My luck with accuracy with factory loads has been limited at best. Bullet choices & accuracy are my motivations for reloading. I actually enjoy working up a load as well. Not for every one for sure.

Though to be frank, for a non reloader / 6mm ARC may not make much sense in terms of longer range hunting firearm. Why would I say such a thing? Well up till now we only have one factory Hunting load available in 6mm ARC. Though in time I do expect this to expand in a substantial fashion. 

Would be surprised if the 80 or 90 gr CX load isn't an offering by this fall. In time other manufacturers are bound to come on board with 6mm ARC offerings.

If you choose 6.5mm Creedmoor or 6.5 Grendel, as a chambering for a rifle for example, you likely may find a half a dozen factory loads to see what your rifle shoots best.

Currently your only option for load experimentation in the 6mm ARC factory hunting load 103 gr ELDX in different lots, of ammo. or trying the same ammo in diffrent rifles & or barrels. If you are lucky, really lucky your barrel will shoot everything quite well.

Now if you were a reloader you may easily shoot over 100 rounds just finding the best shooting load for one bullet, only to move on to another bullet to see if that can be made to shoot as well or better. If you are not inclined or exceptionally inclined to experiment with reloading I may encourage you to stay clear.

On the other hand if you do have an interest that allows your shooting interest to grow beyond 50 rounds per year, then by all means join the crowd. Though you may find it a steep learning curve at 1st.
Hornady's bolt gun data quotes a 62 ksi limit, so as to remind people we're not talking ARs here. In reality I doubt seriously if they load their factory loads to a 62 ksi presure. Companylwayers usually require them to back off, for liability sake and b/c not all rifles willl respond the identically-same to firing that round. So they keep some conservatism/slop included and load them down a bit.

I like reloading much as CZ says, the big reason I got into it was even for a 308, I most times would not get the accuracy that I want to see, especially for hunting rounds. I started reloading for my 30-06 back in the 70's and didn't really know all that I should have known, I think the Lord was kind to me in that I did not blow anything up.

Sierra has come out with both a 90 gr tgk and a 100 gr tgk, for me these have been like gold to get some accuracy out of.

For range plink and steel I get good accuracy from the 108 and 105' that hornady offers. I also see them a little lower in price than most of the factory stuff... possibly b/c they are making some 6Arc $$ off of their military contracts and so can run some commercial's off at the ends of the mil runs. Whatever, those ammo's do fine, plus even as 6Arc brass is scarce, shooting these gives you some "your-gun" 1x-fireds to play with.

Edit to add: in my experience with the 103's, I haven't seen any 2850 MV loads, ever. My longest barrel is 22". They have plenty of range and knock down at low-mid 2700's depending on your barrel length. BC is your winning ticket for downrange.
I reload for accuracy and to minimize velocity variation. It's an extremely deep rabbit hole.
#FJB
Another extreme that has been employed to get a factory load to shoot well in a given rifle is to tune the barrel my shortening the barrel 1" at a time till an accuracy velocity is achieved. Not recommending this by any means.

I am intrigued with the idea of a barrel tuner, which would be another excuse for threading a barrel.
(06-02-2022, 12:09 AM)StoneHendge Wrote: I reload for accuracy and to minimize velocity variation.  It's an extremely deep rabbit hole.
CZ and GrayFox thanks for the info.
I have never had ammo that didn't shoot well, guess I may not be a good enough shot or required that amount of accuracy . 
I have a CZ557 in 6.5 Creedmoor that when ammo was hard to find I shot any Hornady deer loads I could get. But with each different load it was 5 shots at the range and go hunting. Now with ammo easier to get and cheaper I have settled on the 120gr Superformance for my 557 and bought enough to last a long time.
That I guess will be the plan for this arc, Buy it and keep plenty on hand. 
I am anxious to get the new barrel and see how she does, first time I have ever done anything other than just shoot it as it came out of the box.