Resizing?
Just checking to see if this is normal. 

SAAMI specs cartridge .4410 @ .200 from base and .4315 @ 1.00 from base
          specs chamber  .4426 @ .200 from base and .4325 @ 1.00 from base.

Hormady 108 match
 cartridge .4350 @ .200 from base and .4275 @ 1.00 from base

Fired brass
 cartridge .4425 @ .200 from base and .4320 @ 1.00 from base

Resized with L E Wilson die
 cartridge .4350 @ .200 from base and .4250 @ 1.00 from base

Measurements taken with Mitutoyo CD-6" ASX

Question is, is this die re-sizing too much?

Shouldn't, ideally, resizing be the same as SAAMI cartridge spec.  .006 seems a lot and when you add the chamber spec to cartridge difference of .0016 you get .0076.  or am I nitpicking?

Cheers

Philip
1. Does it chamber again in your rifle? try 3 or 4 to make sure.
2. Typical discussions on "too much resizing" have to do with length resizing, pushing the shoulder back too far wrt your rifle's chamber. Shoulder bump-back should try for 0.003-0.004" from the fired shoulder length. I had couple of grendel barrels that, when fired then re-sized back to "Saami", this wound up setting the shoulder back by 0.012"... meaning that the next (and subsequent) firing sequence would stretch the case wall far too much, shortening brass life.
Everything chambers/cycles just fine.  The Hornady brass lengthens a bit when resizing but the other brands stretch very minimal. No need to trim.
Fired brass shoulder measure 1.192 and I set back to 1.188. 

I think I will get in touch with L E Wilson for their take on this.

Thanks for you response.

Cheers

Philip
If your going from 1.192 to 1.188 you are doing fine if it chambers and ejects.

That's only a .004 shoulder bump, If you want less bump turn your die out of the holder a little, but remember a little turn is all that is needed. Like 1/16 is a turn is a huge amount of length added. Your die does not need to touch the shell plate. After you get the desired bump use a feeler gauge to measure how far off the shell plate you are so you have a future reference for die set up.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I put a single hash mark on the die threads (with a sharpie or a cool vinyl "paint" pen, then a few match marks on the ring, for about 45, 15 and ~5 deg rotation... like Dino says a little goes a long way. It's a 7/8-14 thread, so one turn, 360 deg= 1/14", or 0.072". 5 deg is then ~~0.001", 15 is 0.003. You can usually do a careful eyeball for 90, then 45, then 15 deg or so.
Not sure where my feeler gages are any more, probably lost in 1 of my many moves, lol!!!
I have a a Forster Accu-Ring Cross Bolt Die Lock Ring that has .001 graduation . Sweet. Shoulder bump is where i want it to be.
I have no problem cycling reloaded ammo. My concern is over-working the body @.006 reduction of body diameter after sizing. This leaves a noticeable ring about .200" from base. I just checked my 223 to compare. It resizes the body by about .002 to 0025" with no noticeable ring.
So, shoulder bump not a problem and reloads not a problem. Just wondering if .006 is too much overworking the body, which will lead to shorter case life.

Waiting on response from L E Wilson.

I appreciate your response.

Cheers

Philip
It seems most dies for the 6mm ARC are made to small base die specs. Maybe so there will be no problems running cases in a semi-auto with a tight chamber. A case resized with my Mighty Armory die at .200" from the base is .441"
That's the main reasons I switched from using a Hornady die. I've never had feeding issues in my gas gun.
popgun
I talked to John Whidden and he stated the same. I'll check out Mighty Armory.

Thanks

Philip