New barrel coming, Savage
Shilen SS Match Select, 28", 4 groove Ratchet, 1:7.5 twist, non-threaded, Bull profile. Should be here tomorrow (9/19/24) Also have the recoil lug and barrel nut coming to finish it off.

This will be replacing the factory 22" barrel that came on the 110 Switchback
Well, that should bring out both good velocity and the 6arc’s precision potential.

I’ve never built up a bolt action; always built on an AR. I might have to try it.
Had an opportunity to shoot it yet?
(10-01-2024, 07:33 PM)XTshooter Wrote: Had an opportunity to shoot it yet?

As of today, 10/5, no. It is setting comfortably inside a nice new soft case..

The range I shoot at and work for has been under reconstruction since July so our 100yd range is shut down and 8 temporary benches have been set up on our 200/300yd range. So those benches are pretty much packed all day long and it is worse with waiting lines on the weekends. Starting this weekend we are now open 7 days per week until Thanksgiving and deer gun season. So hoping to finaly get to shoot Mon or Tues.

Patience, I will post results once it has been fired.
(10-05-2024, 02:13 PM)KMW1954 Wrote:
(10-01-2024, 07:33 PM)XTshooter Wrote: Had an opportunity to shoot it yet?

As of today, 10/5, no. It is setting comfortably inside a nice new soft case..

The range I shoot at and work for has been under reconstruction since July so our 100yd range is shut down and 8 temporary benches have been set up on our 200/300yd range. So those benches are pretty much packed all day long and it is worse with waiting lines on the weekends. Starting this weekend we are now open 7 days per week until Thanksgiving and deer gun season. So hoping to finaly get to shoot Mon or Tues.

Patience, I will post results once it has been fired.
you guys are lucky , we have an indoor range but charging by the hr. I just go there if I have to sight in real quick. I haven't made our outdoor range since the hurricane blew thru and now looks like another one coming so depending on damage maybe end of the month .
Interested it how it shoots
I to have a Switchback 6ARC; I'm hoping you can post results so it helps me get off the fence about swapping barrels.

All assembled and fired the first 25 rounds. More than pleased!!!

Yes it shoots. 5 sighters then 20 on target. The load shot was one that I had started to use in the old barrel. 105gr Scenar over A2460. Started at 26.0, 26.5, 27.0, 27.5gr.. All shot ragged one hole groups at 100yds. Going to make it hard to work up the best load.
Nice rig. Who did the barrel work?
(10-13-2024, 12:29 PM)XTshooter Wrote: Nice rig. Who did the barrel work?

Shilen prefit from NSS on a Savage 110 action