Hornady "Black" and "Match" Factory Ammo - Hmmm!
Hey guys! 

Sorry about jumping into a older thread, but it has the beginnings of what I am looking for and didn't want to clog up the forum with another thread.

As you can tell, I'm new to this forum, and consider myself pretty new to reloading.  (I started learning how to reload late 2020.)  I've done several good loads for 6.5 Creedmoor, and would like to look into doing my first 6mm ARC loads.  I've shot enough of Hornady's Precision Hunter, Black, and mostly Match to have some brass to work with. 

Given I have more that I can shoot to generate more brass, but thought I'd see about pulling the bullet and powder and saving the brass and primer to use for my initial development. 

Any ideas as to what primers is being used in Match, Precision Hunter and Black?  IIRC, I've seen both chrome and brass colored primers, so I'm even concerned if they are consistent in what they are using.  I have some CFE223 on the way and have lots of LEVERevolution to work with for this cartridge.

Is this a dumb idea?

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hornady "Black" and "Match" Factory Ammo - Hmmm! - by daverx7 - 07-01-2021, 05:53 PM