Restarting load development
(05-29-2022, 10:03 AM)Dino11 Wrote: Here is a good read for you, their are links in this article to other very good reloading educational tutorials.

The information is factual and proven on some specialized equipment, it will give you a whole new perspective on the way you reload.

Mark is a very renowned precision rifle builder and is a very smart guy, I have had the opportunity to spend some time with him and learned a thing or two.

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/04/1...challenge/

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/03/2...velopment/

...thanks Dino, I've read both of those articles previously, lots of good info in them, some of which I've explored in the past.  TBH, as a purely recreational shooter and only using gassers, the magazine dimensions are the greatest influence on limitations.  Granted, folks have developed multiple workarounds such as windowing, etc., but those may induce new factors.

....my "focus" leans more to making my loads that stay within the confines imposed by the equipment's dimensions. This is more relevant to me since my component supply is quite limited and not easily replenished.  As close to "absolute reliability" is my primary objective. Enhanced accuracy, higher FPS, etc. are secondary, but not at the expense of reliability.  That attitude was borne out of my military career and was really reinforced by my Afghanistan deployment.  As much as I enjoy making "bug holes", "minute of man" is my absolute minimum standard, which is also quite sufficient for the majority of 4-legged game in my locale as a food source.

...when I post my results, it's not meant to try and convince anyone to adopt or that it's the "better way", but a simple sharing of experiences which may or may not benefit someone. 

....enjoy the upcoming 3 day weekend, Monday being a day many of us are thankful to be enjoying as we reflect on the gift given us by our brothers and sisters who are not here to enjoy their sacrifice.

Messages In This Thread
Restarting load development - by r.tenorio671 - 05-28-2022, 01:50 AM
RE: Restarting load development - by grayfox - 05-28-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: Restarting load development - by Dino11 - 05-29-2022, 10:03 AM
RE: Restarting load development - by r.tenorio671 - 05-29-2022, 07:05 PM
RE: Restarting load development - by Dino11 - 05-29-2022, 08:40 PM
RE: Restarting load development - by r.tenorio671 - 05-29-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: Restarting load development - by Dino11 - 05-30-2022, 12:04 AM