Factory vs reload
Truth be told, If factory ammo shoots satisfactorily accurate in your rifle - Reloading 50 rounds per year would not pencil out in any fashion.

Personally I reload for a number of reasons and increased velocity, falls somewhere between not a goal or a bonus when it happens. My luck with accuracy with factory loads has been limited at best. Bullet choices & accuracy are my motivations for reloading. I actually enjoy working up a load as well. Not for every one for sure.

Though to be frank, for a non reloader / 6mm ARC may not make much sense in terms of longer range hunting firearm. Why would I say such a thing? Well up till now we only have one factory Hunting load available in 6mm ARC. Though in time I do expect this to expand in a substantial fashion. 

Would be surprised if the 80 or 90 gr CX load isn't an offering by this fall. In time other manufacturers are bound to come on board with 6mm ARC offerings.

If you choose 6.5mm Creedmoor or 6.5 Grendel, as a chambering for a rifle for example, you likely may find a half a dozen factory loads to see what your rifle shoots best.

Currently your only option for load experimentation in the 6mm ARC factory hunting load 103 gr ELDX in different lots, of ammo. or trying the same ammo in diffrent rifles & or barrels. If you are lucky, really lucky your barrel will shoot everything quite well.

Now if you were a reloader you may easily shoot over 100 rounds just finding the best shooting load for one bullet, only to move on to another bullet to see if that can be made to shoot as well or better. If you are not inclined or exceptionally inclined to experiment with reloading I may encourage you to stay clear.

On the other hand if you do have an interest that allows your shooting interest to grow beyond 50 rounds per year, then by all means join the crowd. Though you may find it a steep learning curve at 1st.

Messages In This Thread
Factory vs reload - by Bassfish1952 - 06-01-2022, 09:53 PM
RE: Factory vs reload - by CZ527 Guy - 06-01-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Factory vs reload - by grayfox - 06-01-2022, 11:33 PM
RE: Factory vs reload - by StoneHendge - 06-02-2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Factory vs reload - by Bassfish1952 - 06-02-2022, 12:37 AM
RE: Factory vs reload - by CZ527 Guy - 06-02-2022, 12:34 AM