Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies?
A week ago, I got one of their de-capping dies for short cartridges & one small rifle primer pocket swaging die. They're pretty well made dies. The de-capper worked without a hiccup on a bunch of LC 5.56 NATO brass... punched out crimped primers with ease. Haven't swaged their pockets yet but I suspect the MA swaging die will do the job with equal ease. Set up & a trial run on a couple of cases was no sweat.

After looking at the Mighty Armory site & checking out reviews on some of their other sizing dies, all I saw were 5 star reviews. Everyone that has them thinks they're the best they've used.

What I'm wondering, how much shoulder set-back do you get with the 6 ARC FL die? They have some dies that will allow set-back or headspace (HS die) up to .005" but not for the 6 ARC. Looks like the way the HS dies work: With the die set all the way down on the shell-holder, the die will be at it's full .005" set-back. To get less set-back, you back out the die until you get the headspace you want.

I'm guessing, from what I saw in a review, their regular FL dies only have a set-back of .001". Don't know for sure if that's actual or if you can get a bit more set-back. I suppose chamber length would be a determining factor as well.

Don't know if I'll get one of their sizing dies. My Wilson dies are already set up right where I want 'em.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by Old Bob - 08-15-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by CZ527 Guy - 08-15-2022, 09:22 PM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by popgun - 08-17-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by CZ527 Guy - 08-19-2022, 12:30 AM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by grayfox - 08-18-2022, 01:57 AM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by CZ527 Guy - 08-23-2022, 01:24 AM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by Sc0 - 11-12-2022, 11:11 PM
RE: Anyone Use Mighty Armory Dies? - by CZ527 Guy - 11-13-2022, 01:38 AM