6mm ARC specific reloading equipment
(08-29-2022, 01:45 AM)gorillamotors Wrote: I would say before investing in any reloading equipment that you should buy powder, primers, brass, and bullets. You should make sure you have an ample supply of them. I am not talking 1# of powder, 100 primers, 100 bullets but a considerable amount that will allow to shoot on a regular basis. Then you can buy the reloading equipment.
Right now I am just wanting to try a 90gr.CX or 90gr GMX bullet . I have family in California and may hunt there. with what I have I can work up a load and hunt 5 years at what I shoot each year AND I have 10 boxes of Hornady 103gr ELD-X Precision Hunter that I need to shoot to hunt and for the brass for reloading.
So for me I feel I am right where I need to be.
Who knows in the future Hornady may start producing a factory load with the 90gr CX or come out with a new offering in 6 ARC

This is what I have now. 

10 boxes of 103 ELD-X   so 200 brass for reloading after I shoot it
100 6.5 Grendel Brass to resize
150 90gr 6mm GMX Bullets.   50 to work up a load and 100 at 20 rounds a year for hunting so 5 years and there is no more to be had , That I can find
50 90gr 6mm  CX bullets.  There are some in the UK but reimporting them is a pain and I found some in New Zealand (maybe) Right now that's it for bullets, will wait for more
Powder is easy to get and right now I run my search for it (Leverevolution) couple times a day, I can get it when ever , price is stable at this time
Same with Primers I search CCI 450 and Federal 205's plenty out there and price is stable
I ordered dies yesterday and have talked with my friend and a custom loader. They both have everything else to load for what I want. Will wait to see where this takes me before I get to much deeper into this

As it stands now I will have some brass and bullets plus a set of dies that I can put to good use or give away or sell depending on where I go from here.

Thanks for all the advice now we'll wait for the new barrel and see what happens Big Grin

Also what is the shelf life of powder and primers can I go ahead and buy ?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: 6mm ARC specific reloading equipment - by Bassfish1952 - 08-29-2022, 01:55 PM