6mm ARC in the UK
The 6mm ARC has not gone unnoticed here in the UK and I have had one on one of my AR-15 lowers for some time now. It works well. There is a real shortage of parts here, like a real shortage. I had to import my set of Lee dies from the US myself ($97!) and forget ammunition or brass, I have converted 6.5mm Grendel (Lapua) brass and this seems to work really well. So far so good, but I decided that what I really needed to stretch this things legs was a bolt gun. So I have a couple Rem 700 actions in .308 and last week managed to buy these:

They were Unique Alpine TPG3 barrels brand new still in the wrapper, one is a 1:8 6mm and the other is a 1:8 6.5mm. The 6.5 will become a Creedmoor (as soon as the reamer arrives) and the 6mm will become the 6mm ARC. I already have a reamer from Dave Manson, from whom I have bought a great many reamers over the years but the 6.5 Creedmoor reamer is coming from a small company in the Ukraine (you gotta help out when you can, right?) I did order headspace guages when I ordered the reamer so we are good to go.

I removed the barrel extensions last night (Locktighted on) so I have plenty to go at machining the threads and these are substantial barrels, plenty on there. They were destined for a firearm that enjoys an enviable reputation as an accurate long range precision tool so you can imagine how well they are made. I am your UK equivalent to a FFL here in the UK so I can get on and do these things, it IS getting hard though and there is a distinct gun grab going on at the minute so it's not straightforward over here. I will keep you all updated as I go along.

Messages In This Thread
6mm ARC in the UK - by New_to_Six - 08-22-2023, 07:15 AM
RE: 6mm ARC in the UK - by CZ527 Guy - 08-22-2023, 09:01 AM
RE: 6mm ARC in the UK - by New_to_Six - 08-22-2023, 07:55 PM
RE: 6mm ARC in the UK - by CZ527 Guy - 09-03-2023, 08:38 AM
RE: 6mm ARC in the UK - by corpsman8483 - 09-04-2023, 08:22 PM