Greetings from Washington State
Obviously new to this forum, and wanting to say hello.

Been watching people with the ARC for a couple years, and finally pulled the trigger (yes, pun intended) and built one.  Will be digging through the reloading info people have posted, as I'm curious what everyone has come up with.

For reference, here's my build and intention, sage rats (think gopher or small prairie dog) in eastern Oregon.

American Rifle Company (yes, an ARC for an ARC) Coup De Gras action
Preferred Barrel Blanks prefit in M24 contour, 26" 1:7 twist
Triggertech Diamond Single Stage
MDT Timber Chassis
Vortex HS-T 6-24x50 scope.

Since I only have 2 weekends from build to use, and only 1 weekend to actually do anything, not able to do much for load development, so am going with a within spec ammo recipe:
Starline brass
Sierra HPBT 107gn
Varget 26.7 gr
CCI 400 (what I had available)

Did a quick break-in/test the other weekend with factory Hornady Black 105 HPBT, and while it wasn't the most stable sitting on a bag at center of gravity, and twitching like an addict, once zeroed, was able to punch about a 1" group at 100 yards with 10 rounds, so I'm happy at this point.  Now to test the generic load this weekend.

Last bit of info, the MDT loves AICS mags, and I didn't realize that the Coup De Gras is an AIAW cut, so I'm looking at having to trim the mag a tiny bit so that it can catch on the mag release, it feeds just fine, but I should hand hold it to make sure it doesn't fall out of the chassis.

Anyway, thanks for making it this far, have a great day, and it's time to head to the range.
from a fortune cookie, "The raindrop does not blame itself for the flood"

from a coworker, "You are testing the limits of my medication"

Messages In This Thread
Greetings from Washington State - by dfosland - 04-02-2024, 03:37 PM
RE: Greetings from Washington State - by grayfox - 04-02-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: Greetings from Washington State - by dfosland - 04-03-2024, 02:30 PM
RE: Greetings from Washington State - by grayfox - 04-03-2024, 03:10 PM