Bullets favored for hunting from the ARC
I have been experimenting with 5 lead free bullets thus far, and have 2 more id like to try. Do not intend on taking anymore than 3 rifle deer this season. Reality is ill likely give no more than two of these a try.

Tried these so far.
80 grain Hornady CX - lighter than id prefer & low bc that may be a factor at distance

85 grain Lehigh Defense controlled Chaos. I have seen where some have had positive performance with this one & would like to try this one myself.

87 grain Absolute Hammer, Touted for completely diffrent engraving pressure characteristics & supposedly more velocity Lets just say I am hopeful on the velocity side of things. Experimenting with 5 propellants. WIP Notice BC is not addressed so Ill see for myself. May end up giving this a try.

Next 2 fall in a similar category IMHO as more velocity would be preferred. Tried the 90 grain E-tip & inside of 200 yards will be fine though she needs a bit more velocity at distance IMHO.

Tried the 95 grain LRX & feel the ARC capacity case may be lacking for this one. Expect she will work OK though Id prefer a bit more velocity. This bullet simply impedes on the powder capacity more than Id prefer.

A few more I hope to experiment with, include the 83 grain Shock Hammer and the 90 grain CX

90 grain CX was hoping for availability.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bullets favored for hunting from the ARC - by CZ527 Guy - 09-23-2022, 06:14 PM