Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old and out of touch I guess
(09-19-2021, 09:12 PM)Dino11 Wrote: Was in the reload room today annealing some cases listening to the radio.

A commercial come on advertising legal marijuana cards that you can obtain online or by phone.

What has this country come to?
Legal marijuana cards are a partial return to the individual liberty enjoyed by Americans in the 18th and 19th centuries, a time when government did not dictate what people could smoke.

(12-08-2021, 08:50 PM)Atlas0065 Wrote: It's incredibly difficult to walk through society today and not get frustrated or down right angry with those around us.  It seems as if the younger parents today allow their kids to act out without any remorse or regret.  No teachings of morals, ethics, or patriotism.  It continues to perpetuate into generational influence on down the line.
First, older folks are just as bad as younger generations when it comes to selfishness and lack of patriotism.  Look at all of the anti-maskers in their 50's,  60's, and 70's; they are willing to infect and kill other Americans, just to avoid the inconvenience of wearing a surgical mask.  And during the height of the pandemic last year, some politicians and their followers were holding "super spreader" events where participants did not wear masks, causing countless numbers of people to be infected.  Completely irresponsible behavior.

Second, your complaints are nothing new.  Older people have been complaining about the younger generation at least as far back as ancient Greece.

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

― Socrates

Messages In This Thread
Old and out of touch I guess - by Dino11 - 09-19-2021, 09:12 PM
RE: Old and out of touch I guess - by Old Bob - 09-20-2021, 01:04 AM
RE: Old and out of touch I guess - by Dino11 - 09-20-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: Old and out of touch I guess - by stanc - 12-12-2021, 07:04 AM