Help with a inexpensive build for hunting pigs
(02-02-2023, 02:52 PM)SBRSarge Wrote: For barrels I have an 18” Odin (about .75moa) and a 12” SixFiveArms (about 1.2moa), all with factory ELD-M and ELD-X ammo. SixFiveArms also has 16” and 20” pipes that will do you well for pigs without the NFA headache of my 12”and will probably group tighter. The SixFive Arms will be wayyyyy less expensive; enough so you can buy a LaRue MBT, or Schmid trigger (SixFive Arms carries the Schmid) to put into your lower.

If you’ll be hunting cooler/cold weather, think about a carbon fiber handguard. It won’t suck the warmth out of your hands like a metal one will. And if you shoot some fast magazines they won’t burn your hand. I’ve used Coda Evolution and TacStar and like both.

I’d think about replacing the butt stock with one with better cheek weld for an optic.

After the barrel and trigger, put the rest of your coin to a good optic.

ETA: For a straight hunting gun, think about a 6.5 Grendel

And lastly, buy a Traeger to smoke the pig!

(02-02-2023, 08:25 PM)yotesniper66 Wrote: To add suggestions on what grayfox said about triggers, I'd recommend the Larue MBT.  Excellent trigger for $80 and if you're not familiar with how to install, just Google it.  Another trigger would be Rock River Varmint or National Match.  I have multiples of both an like them.

You could also go with a "cassette" type drop-in which is the easiest to install, but a little more $.
I'm going to show this post to my grandson and go over it all to do my build. Should be fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with a inexpensive build for hunting pigs - by Bassfish1952 - 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM