UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D
Guys, I'm testing an UltraSlim Crush Washer to mate with our Alpha, Bravo, and Delta line of UltraSlim muzzle devices so that they can be timed.

Got three stainless steel metal 3D-printed prototypes — suckers cost $50 each! — of my UltraSlim crush washer design and am testing its installation. Results, so far, are mixed. Have gotten 90° rotation, but the outside diameter (OD) enlarged such that I can't slip a standard .750 gas block on and off — which was one of the goals. Also, I thought the torque force required for this smaller washer would be less, but it stills seems like I'm cranking it a lot toward the end.

Trying to decide whether pursuing this UltraSlim crush washer is the best method or whether I should pursue UltraSlim sets of super thin shim washers.

Some say crush washers can induce cant to your muzzle device, causing inaccuracy and potential strikes (if using with longer devices like suppressors), and that they're not reusable like shims when one wants to remove for cleaning. Others say shims are too fiddly.

Attached photos show the three stainless UltraSlim crush washer prototypes and a standard 5/8 crush washer (Yankee Hill).

Anyway, what you guys think? Crush washer or shim set? Pros and cons?

:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Messages In This Thread
UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D - by BluntForceTrauma - 03-17-2023, 10:10 PM
RE: UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D - by grayfox - 03-18-2023, 01:35 PM
RE: UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D - by grayfox - 03-20-2023, 11:45 AM
RE: UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D - by grayfox - 03-20-2023, 01:39 PM
RE: UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D - by alwie - 03-22-2023, 10:33 PM
RE: UltraSlim Crush Washer R&D - by grayfox - 03-23-2023, 10:24 PM