Suitable powders I have on hand
It would sure be nice to pick up a few pounds of the powders I would like to try in the ARC but......since they are scarce, I will use what I have. I believe I have two powders that would work, H4895 and VVN140. I want to use the Hornady 103gr ELD-X if I can get it to shoot. Neither of these powders are in the Hornady data for that bullet.

Anybody using the combo already?
Thanks
As I should not assume may I ask is this load for a Gas, or a bolt gun?

As I expected H4895 is listed under Gas gun starting at 22.7 grains for that 103 grain bullet & peaking out at 25.1 grains with a low velocity of 2200FPS & maxing out at 2400 FPS.
I was a bit surprised to come across some surplus powder on-line this morning that is supposed to be similar to Power Pro 2000 MR. Ordered their last 8lb jug. Not sure where you are located though if you were close Id expect we could work out a deal. Doubt you are close to South Dakota.
(11-25-2022, 11:46 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: As I should not assume may I ask is this load for a Gas, or a bolt gun?

As I expected H4895 is listed under Gas gun starting at 22.7 grains for that 103 grain bullet & peaking out at 25.1 grains with a low velocity of 2200FPS & maxing out at 2400 FPS.
Yep, gasser. So I guess the 105 data is interchangeable with the 103? Makes sense. I don't see the 103 listed, only the 105. (From the Hornady website)
Thanks

(11-25-2022, 11:58 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: I was a bit surprised to come across some surplus powder on-line this morning that is supposed to be similar to Power Pro 2000 MR. Ordered their last 8lb jug. Not sure where you are located though if you were close Id expect we could work out a deal. Doubt you are close to South Dakota.
Glad you scored. I am all the way over in Tennessee though. Thanks
Think my load manual is a bit clearer that the data, is applicable to both 103 ELDX as well as the 105 gr HP. On line data below still is fairly clear per the red box in upper left corner.

Attached Files Image(s)

H4895 will give up a lot, I mean a lot, of MV.
Try ammoseek, look for leverevolution, CFE 223, some others, I just looked and there are several places that have them. Prices seem to be a bit lower than earlier also.