Anyone loading Nosler 55gr. BT's?
I've got a friend who's asked me to load him up some Nosler 55gr. Ballistic Tips for coyote hunting. I'll be using Hornady once fired brass along with X-terminator powder and will be loading for an AR with an 18" barrel with 1 in 7.5" twist. Does anyone else have any experience loading these bullets and powder combo and if so, what's your favorite load?
Is that the lead-free Ballistic Tip (flat base) or the Varmint Ballistic Tip (boat tail)? Those bullets in 6mm PPC look like they can get well over 3000fps with X-Terminator. If they can reach that velocity in 6mm PPC which has less case capacity than the 6mm ARC, they ought to be real screamers in 6mm ARC. I couldn't find any load date for this bullet/powder combination in 6mm ARC. The 6mm PPC was the closest I could find. The Hornady manual has a 58gr VMax load with X-Terminator in 6mm ARC.

I have some 55gr Varmageddons that were cheap pulls. I was gonna use 'em for fire forming 220 Russian brass necked up to 6mm but decided to use a different bullet (80gr Nosler BT & Reloader 7 powder).
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(12-27-2022, 03:51 PM)OldĀ Bob Wrote: Is that the lead-free Ballistic Tip (flat base) or the Varmint Ballistic Tip (boat tail)? Those bullets in 6mm PPC look like they can get well over 3000fps with X-Terminator. If they can reach that velocity in 6mm PPC which has less case capacity than the 6mm ARC, they ought to be real screamers in 6mm ARC. I couldn't find any load date for this bullet/powder combination in 6mm ARC. The 6mm PPC was the closest I could find. The Hornady manual has a 58gr VMax load with X-Terminator in 6mm ARC.

I have some 55gr Varmageddons that were cheap pulls. I was gonna use 'em for fire forming 220 Russian brass necked up to 6mm but decided to use a different bullet (80gr Nosler BT & Reloader 7 powder).

They are the Varmint "spitzers."