6mm ARC in the UK
The 6mm ARC has not gone unnoticed here in the UK and I have had one on one of my AR-15 lowers for some time now. It works well. There is a real shortage of parts here, like a real shortage. I had to import my set of Lee dies from the US myself ($97!) and forget ammunition or brass, I have converted 6.5mm Grendel (Lapua) brass and this seems to work really well. So far so good, but I decided that what I really needed to stretch this things legs was a bolt gun. So I have a couple Rem 700 actions in .308 and last week managed to buy these:

They were Unique Alpine TPG3 barrels brand new still in the wrapper, one is a 1:8 6mm and the other is a 1:8 6.5mm. The 6.5 will become a Creedmoor (as soon as the reamer arrives) and the 6mm will become the 6mm ARC. I already have a reamer from Dave Manson, from whom I have bought a great many reamers over the years but the 6.5 Creedmoor reamer is coming from a small company in the Ukraine (you gotta help out when you can, right?) I did order headspace guages when I ordered the reamer so we are good to go.

I removed the barrel extensions last night (Locktighted on) so I have plenty to go at machining the threads and these are substantial barrels, plenty on there. They were destined for a firearm that enjoys an enviable reputation as an accurate long range precision tool so you can imagine how well they are made. I am your UK equivalent to a FFL here in the UK so I can get on and do these things, it IS getting hard though and there is a distinct gun grab going on at the minute so it's not straightforward over here. I will keep you all updated as I go along.
Looks like a few neat projects. Has the bore been lapped in those barrels?

Has the Howa Mini 6mm ARC been available on that side of the pond?
(08-22-2023, 09:01 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Looks like a few neet projects. Has the bore been lapped in those barrels?

Has the Howa Mini 6mm ARC been available on that side of the pond?

It looks as if the bore has indeed been lapped and no, the Howa is not available in 6mm ARC, in fact there are no guns available from any of the major manufacturers in 6mm ARC.

I have fitted the barrel today and chambered it, tight chamber too. Just need to find a trigger now and I know I have a Jewell trigger somewhere. A job for tomorrow as it is late here.

There is no major firearms market here in the UK and oddball/wildcat cartridges are few and far between. I am the only person I know with a .224 Valkyrie (terrific round by the way)  or a 6.5 Grendel or a 300 Whisper so just goes to show, none of the major manufacturers want to bring guns over and have them sit on the shelf, they stick to the tried and tested formulas that sell sadly. I try to get people excited about new chamberings but I am (mostly) talking to an empty room.
How is this project coming along for you? Are up dates in order?
I'd like to know whose Collet chuck you usinng and how did you set it up in your 4 Jaw?