6mm ARC subsonic loads
Anyone have a recipe for 6mm ARC subsonic loads?

TIA.
Nobody?
(08-23-2023, 06:54 AM)New_to_Six Wrote: Nobody?
Question 

Most subsonic loads I see are like a 300 something where a small round has been necked up so you have a large round going slow.

What use is there for a small 6mm bullet going slow. 

Sorry if I hijack the post but I have never been around or used subsonic

Thanks
(08-23-2023, 12:34 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:
Question 

Most subsonic loads I see are like a 300 something where a small round has been necked up so you have a large round going slow.

Thanks

I see this once in a while, especially on the US forums but here is the reason:
The only way I can test the rifle or indeed shoot this gun here in the UK with any degree of comfort and safety is at my local gun club. The gun club has what ius known as a "range safety certificate". This certificate dictates the speed and power of the projectile (bullet) allowed on the range my local place is 1500 fps and 1600 ftLbs outside of that the Insurance is invalid. See the problem?

Anyhow I worked out that 7grains of Vit N32C (no longer available, Trail Boss will work) behind a 98 grain projectile will be below the limit and still work. It worked last night anyway.
(08-24-2023, 07:51 AM)New_to_Six Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 12:34 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:
Question 

Thanks

I see this once in a while, especially on the US forums but here is the reason:
The only way I can test the rifle or indeed shoot this gun here in the UK with any degree of comfort and safety is at my local gun club. The gun club has what ius known as a "range safety certificate". This certificate dictates the speed and power of the projectile (bullet) allowed on the range my local place is 1500 fps and 1600 ftLbs outside of that the Insurance is invalid. See the problem?

Anyhow I worked out that 7grains of Vit N32C (no longer available, Trail Boss will work) behind a 98 grain projectile will be below the limit and still work. It worked last night anyway.
Thanks , Like I said I know nothing about subsonic but you explained your reason very well.
FWIW I tried some Trail Boss this evening under a 100 gr SP this evening. 8 grains yields a bit over 1200 FPS 8.5 grains would be a compressed load which is a no-no with Trail boss.
I am using a recoil sending trigger on the Lab Radar. Not enough recoil was generated to trigger the Lab Radar with the Trail boss loads, causing missed velocity readings 100% of the time. Switched over to a Magneto speed in order to pick up velocities b4 I was out of these loads.

Think a 22 rimfire pushing heavy bullets.
you guys are breaking new ground here...
Somewhere in this there's a subsonic for a 12" pistol barrel...