What is wrong with buying ammo to source reloading brass?
Straight to the point. I encountered 6 grains difference in Hornady head stamped 6mm ARC brass today. I frequently double check my powder weight on a scale after dispensing as the powder is dumped in the case. Hornady fired brass has been as poor as 4 grains variation in the past.

You can only emagin my disappointment when encountering 6 grains variation today. 

Thus far I have seen no more than 1.5 grains difference in same headstamp Starline brass. Any idea which brass I am prefering?
all the hornady 108 eld match ammo i have ever pull was spot on 29.1 on ever round i pulled apart so that is very weird
Perhaps I did not make my self clear. Variation in the weight of the brass is where the concern plays in in for this reloader. I have seen as much as 6 grains difference in Hornady brass & not more than 1.5 grains difference with Starline brass.

Won't hurt the Starline statistics that all were purchased from the same lot. Suppose the Hornady brass may have done better if all ammo was sourced from the same lot. Not the case though. Price & availability on the Starline brass is considerably more favorable as well.

Hornady has had it to good for too long in terms of no competition of any sort, would be one perspective. Have to expect that a little competition may do this cartridge good on many fronts. Ammo prices are still plenty steep for every offering I am seeing though. Variety of bullet weights offered and the the alternate brass are the benefits to the consumer thus far.

Have to expect that a number of non reloader types, are looking forward to a monolithic bullet to be available to the non reloader shooters. Who do you suppose will be first big manufacturer to offer 6mm ARC with a monolithic hunting bullet?
Never have, and refuse to buy Horny brass on principle alone. That is only my choice, and have my reasons.

Seems to me, the reply statement made is concise enough to understand he was talking about the brass weight.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
I have always found Hornady brass to be at the bottom of the class in terms of weight variation (in several calibers), even in the same lot.

FWIW, some people call me a "Hornady Hater". To be polite, I always say that I simply have bad luck with Hornady products.
#FJB
I’ve found Hornady brass regardless of caliber to be horrible

Lapua when I can get it

Starline for calibers Lapua doesn’t make…..especially handgun calibers.

I actually bought 100 cases of sig sauer 30-06 brass and it was unbelievably consistent…….I was quite impressed. Varied 1 grain and the neck concentricity was about perfect.