3x15 scope
I am looking at a Leupold  VX-5HD 3-15x44 with a duplex reticle. Do any of you guys have experience with this scope. I plan on setting and forgetting once I have it zeroed so don't need the bells and whistles but am unable to find that 3x15 without it .

I was thinking that since I do blind and tree stands ,no stalking the  weight wouldn't matter but the 15 power would work to pick out Does from spikes and give me that extra zoom to know exactly what I am shooting at, without carrying stronger binoculars.

My eyes need the clarity and zoom more than I used too

Thanks for your opinions
I don't have that one, but do have a vortex PST-II, 3-15x44. Super clear, FFP so you can do distances if that time comes for it. Parallax too, but you can set it to 100 or whatever for your stand. And illuminated reticle for dawn/dusk times. 30 mm tube. Sometimes on the Eurooptic website they have clearances, and the best prices (economics works for me!!).
Would be my choice if I needed another one. just 2 cents' here.
I use this level of magnification too to make out does/bucks/points on rack (some places require you to do that, qdma and all that).
(10-06-2023, 01:11 AM)grayfox Wrote: I don't have that one, but do have a vortex PST-II, 3-15x44. Super clear, FFP so you can do distances if that time comes for it.  Parallax too, but you can set it to 100 or whatever for your stand.  And illuminated reticle for dawn/dusk times.  30 mm tube.  Sometimes on the Eurooptic website they have clearances, and the best prices (economics works for me!!).
Would be my choice if I needed another one.  just 2 cents' here.
I use this level of magnification too to make out does/bucks/points on rack (some places require you to do that, qdma and all that).
Thanks 
I was looking at bigger binoculars but was thinking changing scopes gets rid of one more thing I won't have to carry. I have been using Leupold scopes for years but am hearing a lot of people using Vortex
Think I would like to try the illuminated and vortex before buying