Hornady Precision Hunter 6mm ARC 103 ELDX
I have two boxes for sighting in and break-in. My upper has a 20" Rexus barrel and BCG from SixFive Outfitters. Has anybody shot this combo? If so what did you get for results? Thanks Tom
Your mileage will vary. Your barrel and BCG are top notch. Other variables will be at play, such as are you putting them in a billet upper or forged, how tight is the barrel fit into the upper, etc. Having said that, you should expect sub MOA at the least.
I am not a fan of ELDX bullets, their quality seems to be all over the place. So that is another variable.
I am your uncle!
Aero Precision receiver and handguard from SixFive. Adjustable gas block came from a different vendor because SixFive was out stock. My got a Radian Raptor SD charging handle from my LGS.
(10-23-2023, 10:39 AM)tomt Wrote: Aero Precision receiver and handguard from SixFive. Adjustable gas block came from a different vendor because SixFive was out stock. My got a Radian Raptor SD charging handle from my LGS.
Makes for a nice setup. You should be able to stack them on top of eachother. Not sure about the ELDXs, as I said, not a fan.
I am your uncle!
I finally made it to the range yesterday. Started sighting in at about 35 yards. I got close enough to move to 100 yards. The final five shot group had three touching with two outside taking the group to 1.5". The 6 ARC is going to be fun to shoot.
tomt,

Sounds like you have a nice shooter. As it breaks in you might be even happier!

I’ve found the ELD-X shoots as tight as the ELD-M in both my 18” and 13”, and the 12.5” I used to have. They say match grade accuracy in a hunting bullet and I have to agree.

The 18” Odin barrel typically gives .5” to.75” inch groups at 100 yards. It started out around 1”, but over the next hundred or so rounds it tightened up.
It's archery season in SE Alabama right now, but we can use rifles to hunt hog and yotes during the day time. I have it sighted in about 1.5" high at 100 yds. Hopefully soon I can take the LabRadar to the range and set zero at 100 yds.
I had my Savage 110T sighted in at 100 yards with my handloads. The BDC in the scope put the first hash on at 200 yards and the second at 300 yards, so quite the nice coincidence. Yesterday, I shot some Hornady 105gr Black, and saw the same POIs on steel, one shot at 100, 3 at 200 and 4 at 300. I opened a box of the 103 Hunter, and shot one shot at each distance and the bullets shot into the same groups, 5 shots total at 300 in the size of tennis ball. I'll hunt deer and coyotes with it.

Got up to the hunting camp yesterday. Even though it's archery season we went out looking for hogs. It didn't take long. A sounder came out. 268 yards from the stand. The 6 ARC with the 103 ELDX did it's job.
not much on game here, couple groundhogs and a gobbler. but have ran mine to 1100 yards shooting steel all with 103's.
mine is a 22" 7.5 twist saturn barrel.