My ARC claims it’s first one
Smile 
Don’t know if this post is going to work from deer camp but here goes.  Today at about 1930 hours my 6 mm ARC claimed it’s first hog, 130 yards bang flop!!!  Below is a couple of photos.

Hornady 95 grain SST on top of 30.4 grs LVR
Trashy
My ARC got its second hog this morning at 0722 hrs.  Another bang flop, this 95 SST is working!

Trashy
(09-18-2020, 01:08 PM)Trashy Wrote: My ARC got its second hog this morning at 0722 hrs.  Another bang flop, this 95 SST is working!
Way to go Trashy! Awesome! Cool
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I hate to sound like broken record but my ARC claimed it’s third hog this evening at 1940 hours.  95 SST, again bang flop at 146 yards!  I’m smiling all over Tongue 

Trashy
Nice shooting! I could not tell shot placement on #1 and #2, were they all head shots?
Yes sir, just below and little behind the eye. Doesn’t always anchored them, but when it doesn’t they run in circles or run a couple of feet and stop and sometimes roll on the ground it gives you time to put more rounds into them. Or as DNS calls it quality assurance shots. So far that hasn’t happened with the ARC but it’s just a matter of time before it does.
Trashy
Nicely done !!!

DNS and I got into some hogs last night - I also blooded my 6_Grendel

They weren’t all bang flops though , kuddos to you there !
Here’s number four, 143 yards.  This one was a little smaller than the other three but o’well.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Trashy
Looks Like it must be nice to live in or near a target ritch environment. Congratulations.

B4 the Arc what has been your preferred round?
Damn trashy, you’re gonna need a big smoker for all that pulled pork and BBQ ribs.
(04-19-2021, 12:00 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Looks Like it must be nice to live in or near a target ritch environment. Congratulations.

B4 the Arc what has been your preferred round?

before the ARC my go to hog rifle was a 7.62x39mm on the AR platform, the only problem was range it wasn’t that reliable on hogs of any size out past about 125 yards or so, you could hit them just didn’t always put them DRT. This 20” CMMG barreled ARC has been impressive with 95 gr SST’s.

(04-19-2021, 12:12 AM)SBRSarge Wrote: Damn trashy, you’re gonna need a big smoker for all that pulled pork and BBQ ribs.

I have to admit that I am stocked up on pork backstrap!!! Tongue
Trashy
Backstrap, pork butt, ribs... it’s all good after 12 or so hours in the smoker!

Keep knocking them down. It’s a public service!

Happily, we don’t have them around my parts. Still, if a few showed up I’d be glad to add them to the freezer. The venison gets lonely in there...