Hammer Bullets - Crimp ?
For those that load Hammer bullets. When shooting the 87gr AH does it matter if you crimp or not . 
In my bolt gun, with the AH having less friction would there be a chance of the bullet moving with out a crimp ?

Thanks
I haven't had any experience with Hammers, but I load 87gr VMAX and I have never crimped. I shoot them out of a 20", 1"7.5 gas gun and I get great results with no issues. Hope this helps.
I am your uncle!
I've come to the conclusion for my ARs that I will crimp everything, using a lee fcd. that extra hold seems to help my MVs.
Haven't made a clear decision as to bolt actions. Most I think I'm just setting them in; but I think I have a couple that I crimp for. For a given bullet I'm just setting up a consistent load, is all.
The AR they might still shift some, but I'm thinking they don't do it as much, maybe not at all. Haven't really done the cycle them in and then pull out to recheck the OAL.
You might just want to decide if they feel too "loose" in their seating without it... or try both over a chrony and see if there's any difference.
When loading the 87 GR Absolute hammer for my bolt action CZ 527 6mm ARC I did not crimp. Not saying you can't Crimp, I just did not & had good accuracy. IMR 8208 was the propellant I settled on. Since then I moved on to 90 gr CX factory 2nds & have been doing quite well with them over CFE 223. Then I do not crimp anything.
(11-12-2023, 02:12 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: When loading the 87 GR Absolute hammer for my bolt action CZ 527 6mm ARC I did not crimp.  Not saying you can't Crimp, I just did not & had good accuracy. IMR 8208 was the propellant I settled on. Since then I moved on to 90 gr CX factory 2nds & have been doing quite well with them over CFE 223.  Then I do not crimp anything.
Thank you 

How do you like the 90gr CX compared to the 87gr AH. ?