6mm arc vs 6mm max vs 6ppc
The 6ppc set the gold standard for short range benchrest. But if you look at the 6mm arc or the 6mm max , both of these will easily exceed 3000 fps with a 68, 70, 75 gr projectile. Will a heavier projectile with a higher BC set the new gold standard? A flat base 90 or 95 gr or heavier in a benchrest platform? What’s your thoughts..
Berger has an 88 gr flat base, an 87 vld and 95 vld's.
Sierra's 90 tgk is in your category but haven't seen them for sale in about a year or so.
I like many others use 6PPC load data and see a lot of potential with the heavier projo's. With the 1:7.5 twist on my barrel I'm thinking of using the 95 VLD's.
(11-26-2023, 04:55 PM)corpsman8483 Wrote: I like many others use 6PPC load data and see a lot of potential with the heavier projo's.  With the 1:7.5 twist on my barrel I'm thinking of using the 95 VLD's.
I absolutely agree with you. My results with the 90-95 grain bullets have been outstanding. I’m currently shooting a 20inch gas gun with lever evolution powder and extremely pleased. Finding load data from the manufacturers of bullets and powder is limited to say the least.
The 6mm arc was released during 2020 and has been accepted as a DMR cartridge but I’m not sure it’s been recognized for its potential.

On the other hand, the 6PPC has dominated the bench rest scene for 50 years. Since that time newer heavier 6mm bullets have been developed. Perhaps there’s room for a change? I personally don’t have the resources like a manufacturer or a sponsored shooter. But I do believe the possibilities exist where the 6mm arc or 6mm max can run well in bench rest competition. There just isn’t enough data out there.
Totally agree Bill; I don't have Leverevolution pwd, but I'm going to get some.