Poll: Best Seating die with Micrometer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hornady
0%
0 0%
Forster
33.33%
2 33.33%
Redding
16.67%
1 16.67%
Other
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Best 6mm ARC seating die with micrometer
Who makes the best seating die for a reasonable price? Im thinking of reinvesting in a seating die and would like the groups input.
I have 3 Forster micrometer seating dies. .223 Rem, .308 Win & 6.5 Grendel. I had/have others but these are really good.

Thanks for the post alwie, it's a reminder I need to get one for my 6mm ARC too.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I question if this was intended as a trick poll? As to my knowledge Redding has yet to embrace the 6mm ARC. Which leaves with other similar options with the Whidden micrometer click die set, Wilson arbor seating die, not so similar.

Whidden has been my favored die, though I do not have equipment to verify bullet runout.
(12-26-2023, 05:50 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: I question if this was intended as a trick poll? As to my knowledge Redding has yet to embrace the 6mm ARC. Which leaves with other similar options with the Whidden micrometer click die set, Wilson arbor seating die, not so similar.

Whidden has been my favored die, though I do not have equipment to verify bullet runout.
CZ527, no trick intended.  Im just a bit ignorant and did not do all my homework. Sorry!
I really like my Forster seating dies, but working through seating stem concerns on the 6ARC unit.
The Forester ultra micrometer die can be caught on sale occasionally. I got mine from Midway for less than $100. Just have to be patient and check the usual sites regularly.
(12-26-2023, 02:44 PM)Diesel Pro Wrote: I really like my Forster seating dies, but working through seating stem concerns.

I have concerns about the Forster seating die too. I have Hornady dies and saw the new click-adjust bullet seating micrometer.  But its so expensive that a Forster seating die with a micrometer costs about the same, and I can’t make up my mind.
Forster or Redding

I have both

Either/Or will serve you well
(01-11-2024, 08:03 PM)Tangodown Wrote: Forster or Redding

I have both

Either/Or will serve you well

Where did you find a redding 6mm ARC die?
Wilson, period!
Okay, I decided on Forster Seating die with Micrometer and bot one. Thanks gent for your input. The most interesting thing is that no one said that Hornady was his pick.
the best thing about Hornady dies is their eliptical expander
(01-12-2024, 06:54 AM)alwie Wrote: Okay, I decided on Forster Seating die with Micrometer and bot one.  Thanks gent for your input. The most interesting thing is that no one said that Hornady was his pick.

I think you will be plenty happy just watch for rings from the stem.  loaded some 90 ELDX with mine using the 243 seating stem and no problems.  I have some 103 that I am looking to try as well.
I like my Forester Ultras.
I have a set for the ARC heading my way now.

Been using them for 308,243,6mm & 30/06 for decades. My first are labled Bonanza... Im dating myself. Smile

CW
Diesel Pro Wrote:I think you will be plenty happy just watch for rings from the stem.  loaded some 90 ELDX with mine using the 243 seating stem and no problems.  I have some 103 that I am looking to try as well.

I ordered the 243 stem and when it arrived … it was the exact same as the 6mm ARC stem ☹️