Precision Firearms 95 LRX Load
Precision Firearms now has a 6mm ARC load with the Barnes LRX. I decided to give them a try after being disappointed with the Copper Creek Cartridge Company load’s low velocity and ‘meh’ precision.

I am glad I took the chance.

I got about 1moa at 100 yards out of both my 18” Odin barrel and the 13” Criterion barrel I bought from Precision Firearms. I’ll try for better groups another time. It was cold, windy, wet, the bipod on my 18” broke, and I sucked!

Velocity was nice.

18” averaged 2654fps. (The copper Creek gave 2408 out of this same barrel.) PF lists 2650fps out of a 24” barrel, so this over-delivered. I saw no pressure signs.

13” averaged 2464fps (The Copper Creek load gave. 2170 out of a 12.5 tube)

https://www.precisionfirearms.com/48m8/a...m-arc.html
I am in the process of developing a load for the LRX 95gr bullet. I can shoot 1 MOA @ 100 yds with this bullet. Have not done velocity numbers as my Chronograph is on back order, but will let you know the results. Im using N540 powder with the LRX.
(12-29-2023, 02:00 AM)alwie Wrote: I am in the process of developing a load for the LRX 95gr bullet. I can shoot 1 MOA @ 100 yds with this bullet. Have not done velocity numbers as my Chronograph is on back order, but will let you know the results. Im using N540 powder with the LRX.
You must be waiting for the Xero C1. I got mine in the mail yesterday from Mile High. Damn, it’s so much easier than the old Caldwell and was worth the wait to get it.
(12-29-2023, 02:17 AM)SBRSarge Wrote: You must be waiting for the Xero C1. I got mine in the mail yesterday from Mile High. Damn, it’s so much easier than the old Caldwell and was worth the wait to get it.

Yep, I am.
Precision Firearms now has a 6mm ARC load with the Barnes LRX. I decided to give them a try after being disappointed with the Copper Creek Cartridge Company load’s low velocity and ‘meh’ precision.

I am glad I took the chance.

I got about 1moa at 100 yards out of both my 18” Odin barrel and the 13” Criterion barrel I bought from Precision Firearms. I’ll try for better groups another time. It was cold, windy, wet, the bipod on my 18” broke, and I sucked!

Velocity was nice.

18” averaged 2654fps. (The copper Creek gave 2408 out of this same barrel.) PF lists 2650fps out of a 24” barrel, so this over-delivered. I saw no pressure signs.

(From the moderator) CZ my apologies I was trying to edit the OP to make it more visible, but pasted into your reply here by mistake.

No big deal. I was just surprised the 95 grain LRX offered that much velocity from an 18" gas gun. None the less for hunting purposes I'd prefer more velocity with a all copper projectile..

My initial thought on the 95 grain LRX, was this bullet & the 6mm Creedmoor were made for each other.

If the OP is pleased, more power to him. Something to be said for a reliably accurate load.
Note to members... when you try to develop a post in a word processor, that WP can put a lot of color and font baggage (html markup commands and stuff) into your post, which can make it an unreadable color when actually posted. This is what happened to OP when he first posted, it took me a while to get to the bottom of it.
Get a text-only editor to use, several free ones out there, or simply develop the post inside of this website.
Again however, apologies to CZ527 guy, whose post inadvertently got edited as well. If I knew a way to recover that post, I'd do it but haven't found that way yet, if it exists.
Weird. I’m on an iPad and it showed up well for me when I posted the original post through the website.

Let me know how this shows up. Maybe there is a setting that is mucking things up.

Thanks to grayfox for sorting out the formatting in my post.

I agree about lots of speed with copper bullets. I’m hoping PF will load some loads with the 80 gr TTSX.
This post shows up fine. I'm on ipad and PC at one time or another. On the PC everything shows up black bckgnd with white letters.

I'm tempted to get some of those 80 ttsx... but I have a boatload of pills already, so will probably wait.
Right now the intermediate size bergers (87, 95) are working well for me. Vld's allow more room under the bullet for powder. O, and the 90 tgk.
(12-29-2023, 09:10 PM)grayfox Wrote: Note to members... when you try to develop a post in a word processor, that WP can put a lot of color and font baggage (html markup commands and stuff) into your post, which can make it an unreadable color when actually posted.  This is what happened to OP when he first posted, it took me a while to get to the bottom of it. 
Get a text-only editor to use, several free ones out there, or simply develop the post inside of this website. 
Again however, apologies to CZ527 guy, whose post inadvertently got edited as well.  If I knew a way to recover that post, I'd do it but haven't found that way yet, if it exists.
I had that problem while posting within this site, But it happened after a update to my MAC and was fixed at my computer.
(12-30-2023, 02:49 AM)grayfox Wrote: This post shows up fine.  I'm on ipad and PC at one time or another. On the PC everything shows up black bckgnd with white letters.

I'm tempted to get some of those 80 ttsx... but I have a boatload of pills already, so will probably wait.
Right now the intermediate size bergers (87, 95) are working well for me.  Vld's allow more room under the bullet for powder.  O, and the 90 tgk.

It’d be interesting to see what velocity I’d get from the 13” barrel with some good 80 gr TTSX loads. The Copper Creek ones were anemic, and I want all the speed I can get with copper mono bullets.

I’m not restricted to solid copper, just prefer them so I’m not cutting lots of lead frags out of. my meat!