Gearing up-Chrono and Camera setup
I’ve been reloading and testing with bolt action stuff for 15+ years now.  I started with a PACT sky screen chrono but in reality, I didn’t put a lot of modern logic into my loads.  I just started with a recipe that reported to work well for others with same gun and tested loads around this range for grouping. Didn’t really worry about chrono data from there.  Just crushed out a few hundred rounds and went to shoot pdogs. Now I’m looking to dig in and learn more.  Do some ladder testing and then bullet jump testing and work with gas gun loads.

I saw the Labradar and new I had to have one. Leaps and bounds over the old sky screens, but I find it to be big and bulky plus clunky to operate.  Arm/disarm not exceptionally difficult, but starting a new string had me frustrated at times until I used the app for controls.  Enter the Garmin Xero.  This one looks like a game changer!  I have one coming that should have been delivered Friday, but instead of UPS loading on the local truck (Central WI) it apparently went to Tulsa OK.  May or may not sell the Labradar.  Would be a solid backup I guess. 

I am also looking at a target camera, but I don’t want to buy something that I’m not going to like or use or find too bulky.  Looks to me like the Longshot Marksman gets very favorable reviews, although it seems a bit bulky too.  Would like to hear feedback on the Longshot and/or something possibly better.  My luck is I’ll get the Longshot and Garmin will release a target camera same size as their radar chrono…      

I use magnetospeed and it certainly made a positive impact on load development over my old chrony. I also recommend QuickLoad or similar software to use in conjunction. Measure the volume of a few fired cases, get some velo data for your powder lot, adjust the numbers and you can predict nodes with amazing accuracy.

Let us know how you like the garmin. It looks stupid good.
Intrigued by Quickload. What's the recommended buy in level and how often does a guy have to update?
I still haven’t jumped on the quickload app yet. Interested in hearing how you like it. A Garmin is definitely on my list!
Well I'm spending money left and right here. Put a bunch into the Labradar stand, bag, another stand, trigger. Then the Garmin came out so I had to have one but I haven't tried it yet. I have the Longshot Marksman coming as well so I can mark the shots as they land. Just ordered Quickload. Goal is to end the time wasting and frustration working up loads. I have a 22-250 Sako bolt gun that has grouping issues that I hope to resolve. Been to the smith 2x now last time recut chamber and still not there yet so I added a boreescope to my purchases so I can make sure I'm scoured clean then one last ditch before I rebarrel it...
Instead of Quickload take a look at Gordons Reloading Tool. Very similar to QL and its free.