New member from Colorado
Just discovered this forum, hello from western Colorado. A few years ago I was planning on building or buyiing a 6.5 Grendel bolt gun. Then I became aware of the 6mm ARC  and immediately decided that was a better cartridge for my purposes. I enjoy long range varmint shooting. Currently use an AR15 I built in 5.56. I want something that reaches farther and handles wind better. I want something lighter than my 11 pound AR. I would love to hear opinions on the available 6 ARC bolt guns. I'm just starting to do research on what is available. I'm retired, price is an issue, want to keep the firearm itself to under a $1000. Options I am aware of are the Howa mini and various Savage models.
Thanks for your input.
Rod
Welcome aboard! I have the howa in a mini 6.5 grendel, but didn't like its 20" barrel so went for a re-barrel from preferred barrels, really like this combo.
I've looked at the savages a lot b/c I like them in general, have several, but for the 6Arc personally I went for the uintah bolt action upper, it mounts on an Ar15 lower, is a true bolt action and is 22" barrel, really shoots nicely. Probably my favorite in 6Arc, weight about 9 lbs but I have a luth AR mba stock on it and 6-24 vortex pst.
It's a bit over your $1K limit but well worth it, uintah precision if I recall, based in Utah.
My second choice I guess would be the 110-based savage, mostly because the barrel is probably a bit better than the axis... and stock is a bit more usable than the axis...
Howa's aren't bad either. For the Arc I do like as much barrel length as I can afford, the uintah is 22".

edit to add: barrel, trigger, optics, the best three as far as where to put your money...
There’s another possible one coming soon. Ruger American gen 2, a 20” threaded barrel with brake, a more usable stock than gen 1, and I think, although not verified, since it’s the American family you can get a magpul stock as an economical upgrade. I have that stock on a predator 6 creed, and it does well.
Thanks for all the info. Went to the Ruger site, I like the looks of the rifle, just wish there was a longer barrel option. Going to the closet Sportsmans tomorrow (75mile) , will be able to check out a Howa Mini, Savage Axis, and Savage Switchback. None of them in 6 ARC but will give me chance to make comparisons between the 3. If reading there website correctly the only one available to order in 6 ARC is the Switchback.
Ammoseek and gunwatcher can locate other vendors who have one for sale...