Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASC 6mm ARC Mags
ASC is now manufacturing 6 ARC specific magazines.

https://www.ammosc.com/categories/ar-15-...m-arc.html
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Cool. But bad timing. Just picked up two ASC 15-round 6.5 Grendel mags.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
I was looking at these mags on the ASC site. When I clicked on the 10 rounder it came up as a 6.8mm SPC mag with a grey follower instead of red like in the 5 & 25 round 6mm ARC versions. Also, the 15 rounders are out of stock already. Are there really any dimensional differences in the 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel & 6.8 SPC magazines? Is the color of their followers the only difference?

Nearly three years ago I built an AR-15 in 22 Nosler. All info available said to use 6.8 SPC mags for that cartridge, but I couldn't find any in stock at the time. So, I sent an email to Nosler asking if 6.5 Grendal mags would work. In their reply, they said that while they recommend the 6.8 SPC mag in their literature, all their load development for the cartridge in AR-15s was done using Grendel mags.

I do have a couple of 6.8 SPC mags now. When eyeballin' the 6.8s next to the Grendels, besides follower color, the only difference I see is the caliber stamp.

I suppose I could do without buying any more AR mags seeing as I have a s**t load of 'em already. I ordered 4 ARC mags anyway. Rolleyes
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal