6.5 Grendal vs 6ARC Brass
If I loaded resized brass do I start over when I move to 6arc brass ?
Not sure what you're asking, but I used some 6.5 Grendel brass that I resized to 6 ARC and had a little problem getting the shoulder just right in order to chamber in my rifle. I have since gotten a bag of starline 6 ARC Brass and it's much better than resized 6.5 Grendel.
Over my Garmin Chromograph, the resized Grendel brass really messes up my SD readings.
(02-03-2024, 02:58 PM)corpsman8483 Wrote: Not sure what you're asking, but I used some 6.5 Grendel brass that I resized to 6 ARC and had a little problem getting the shoulder just right in order to chamber in my rifle. I have since gotten a bag of starline 6 ARC Brass and it's much better than resized 6.5 Grendel.
Over my Garmin Chromograph, the resized Grendel brass really messes up my SD readings.
When I first started reloading for 6arc all that was out there was 6.5 Grendel so I bought some and resized it . Now I have it and lots of 6arc brass so do I need to do a new work up for the 6arc brass or will my loads ( amount of powder ) I used in 6.5 work ?
If you had a accuracy node w the 6.5 Grendel fire formed brass, the load may be a bit diffrent with the proper 6mm ARC head stamp brass. Though I doubt you will see much if any difference.
Case capacities may be different from resized & fire-formed 6.5 Grendel brass & your new 6 mm ARC Brass. Weigh your cases to see if there is a noticeable difference. If there is a difference, restart your load work-ups for the new 6 mm ARC brass.

What brands are the two different cases?
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
"When I first started reloading for 6arc all that was out there was 6.5 Grendel so I bought some and resized it . Now I have it and lots of 6arc brass so do I need to do a new work up for the 6arc brass or will my loads ( amount of powder ) I used in 6.5 work ?"

Bass, they are probably close, but at first you should treat them as a new "headstamp"/brand... take a known good load in the 6Arc brass (not right at max), and load 3-4 into the reformed 65 brass. Load and shoot them 1 at a time in your gun, check the MV, grouping and brass condition. If there is any delta that's how you can find it.
Was your resized Grendel brass Starline? If so, you should be very close with the Starline ARC brass - they are made from the same parent blank (Grendel Basic Brass), but you may need to tweak powder a few tenths. If not, you should work it back up again. Starline's Grendel case capacity is different from Hornady, Lapua, etc.
#FJB
(02-04-2024, 12:04 AM)Old Bob Wrote: Case capacities may be different from resized & fire-formed 6.5 Grendel brass & your new 6 mm ARC Brass. Weigh your cases to see if there is a noticeable difference. If there is a difference, restart your load work-ups for the new 6 mm ARC brass.

What brands are the two different cases?
Both are Starline
I had weight differences, quit using resized Grendel brass and only use Starline 6ARC brass now. Seems that when I resized the 6.5 Grendel and trimmed to length I had necks that were a little thicker (>0.001") and that affected neck tension and it's ability to chamber.