Is anyone using the Speer 85 BTSP?
This was found to be a hidden treasure in my 243 years ago as a reduced loading. Thinking back probably a bit slower then the ARC should muster. 

Then the Sierra 85 that I always found a bit more fragile but eeked out better accuracy. 

CW
I'm loading 75 gr Speer; 75gr Hornady; 100gr Hornady and 100gr Sierra. Right now I'm experimenting more with pwds and putting as many down range as I can to get the rifle "broken in".
85gr should run just fine.
Love the 6ARC!
The 85gr Speer BT was the first bullet that I handloaded for the Savage 110T. Hornady factory ammo was the source of brass. The Speers shot as well as the Hornady Black, but the barrel shot MUCH better once it had 150+ rounds through it. By then it was deer season and has been cold since, so I didn't get back to those 85gr BTs.

I did manage to pick up a couple of boxes each of Hornady 90gr ELDX and 90gr Sierra Tipped GameKings. Both are patiently waiting.
If you get those 90 gr THK s ( Gamechangers) figured out pls be sure to share load data, oal, powder, charge , etc.

To date I ve struggled with them.. a decent group here and there but not consistent. Berger 95 Classic Hunter has been most consistent heavier bullet and 80 gr Sierra Blitz has been good in lighter weights.
Thx
(02-06-2024, 11:57 PM)Fmuguira Wrote: If you get those 90 gr THK s ( Gamechangers) figured out pls be sure to share load data, oal, powder, charge , etc.

To date I ve struggled with them.. a decent group here and there but not consistent. Berger 95 Classic Hunter has been most consistent heavier bullet and 80 gr Sierra Blitz has been good in lighter weights.
Thx
The 90 TGK shots good in my 20 inch proof barrel.  Resized Hornady brass. .25 off lands with. 31.2 LVR and #41 Cci.  1.592 CBTO.  Hope that helps.
Thanks guys! I've got two boxes of these spears and two boxes of the Sierras and 85 grain so I got enough to try and have fun with. I haven't tried the game changers at all yet. Any caliber, but I did just get some 125s to try in 300 HAM'r. I haven't even shot them yet.

CW
the 125 tgk, the pro hunter, the 125 Tnt... they all work well in the hammer!
Watch your Oal with the tgk... pro hunter no problem.
Personally I use the 125 tgk in my 308- 20".
VERY RESECTABLE pricing on these!!!

I just grabbed another two boxes. 20.59$ ea.

Brownells it currently out of stock on Barrel action I wanted . So Ill be waiting a while. (Who knows how long). But it will be worth it!

I also grabbed 100 PCS Hammer Brass!!

CW
I needed a pic rail for the Howa, so bought some of the Speer 85gr BTs with my order.
Mssony352,

Just trying to verify…. 90 TGK .250 off lands…??? … or did you mean .025 off lands? If it’s .250 off your loaded cartridge length must be 2.050-2.100” ???
(Real short, possibly ogive into case neck or lower)

Thx for any clarification
Working up a load yesterday I shot some Sierra 85's (cause I have so many)

I choose LeverGun Powder and a Fed Match Primer in Starline cases. Unfortunately, I could not chrono. I loaded past book max cause Im able
To seat quite a bit longer then recipe and still better then .010.

Six loads fired 4 went into 3/4"  three shot groups!!! Fourth opened just past a inch fifth was same and sixth was back to 3/4".
I took five of that load and fired this @ 100yards.