Shaw Barrel
I just received my Shaw barrel yesterday and it unfortunately has a short throat. Hornady 108s and 105s are sticking and the bolt won't close.

I emailed Shaw and they asked me what bolt I am using. I told them a .136 Grendel bolt and they said "The bolt face is not dep enough, the ARC uses a Grendel 2 headspace off of a .140 depth bolt face."

I replied that they are mistaken and asked the CS agent where he got that incorrect information. It doesn't give me much confidence. Also, the packaging was horribly damaged and certainly wasn't sufficient for shipping a barrel. I thought for sure the barrel would be damaged but it appeared fine. Never mind that even if the bolt face were .140, the lugs would still not engage the receiver extension (see pic #2).

I'm disappointed since I was going to shoot it this weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

Damn that sucks !

Get your money back and buy some other brand of barrel - this won’t get you shooting by the weekend BUT I would not settle for a redo from a company that obviously missed the memo on 6mm ARC specifications...
Holy smokes... they missed that one by a mile. Looks like about a 1/4" of the case head protruding out of the chamber.

Has the vendor contact you yet?

I feel your pain man, we have all been through similar situations at one time or another. Keep us updated.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(09-29-2020, 03:04 PM)Cotay Wrote: I just received my Shaw barrel yesterday and it unfortunately has a short throat. Hornady 108s and 105s are sticking and the bolt won't close.

I emailed Shaw and they asked me what bolt I am using. I told them a .136 Grendel bolt and they said "The bolt face is not dep enough, the ARC uses a Grendel 2 headspace off of a .140 depth bolt face."

I replied that they are mistaken and asked the CS agent where he got that incorrect information. It doesn't give me much confidence. Also, the packaging was horribly damaged and certainly wasn't sufficient for shipping a barrel. I thought for sure the barrel would be damaged but it appeared fine. Never mind that even if the bolt face were .140, the lugs would still not engage the receiver extension (see pic #2).

I'm disappointed since I was going to shoot it this weekend.

How did they resolve it for you?
Their supposed 0.140 dimension is pure bogus, nowhere in the Grendel or the 6Arc world is there a bolt face depth spec of 0.140. I too would press for a refund.
(12-27-2020, 12:21 PM)grayfox Wrote: Their supposed 0.140 dimension is pure bogus, nowhere in the Grendel or the 6Arc world is there a bolt face depth spec of 0.140. I too would press for a refund.