22" or 20" barrel
Looking at the howa mini 6mm arc.  What are the pros and cons of the 22 or 20 inch barrels? Thanks in advance.
(02-09-2024, 02:17 AM)Labrador103 Wrote: Looking at the howa mini 6mm arc.  What are the pros and cons of the 22 or 20 inch barrels? Thanks in advance.
Not sure there is enough difference in the 2 but to me (a hunter) longer is better My 6arc is a 24" barrel
But I am more concerned about the 1-8" than length . I have 1-7.5 and there are some bullets that require a faster twist than I have.
Whatever you get let us know how you like it.
I am thinking of a Howa barreled action to build another 6 arc but I just want the action I would put a custom barrel on it
I think you can expect 25 to 30 fps per inch.

The other thing is the 20 inch is slightly heavier and threaded where the 22 inch is slightly skinnier and not threaded. ( At least it used to be.)

I'm doing this myself and going to pick up the 20 inch this time. I have a Grendel with a 22 inch and I really love it. Expect just as much love for this little arc.

Good luck with yours!!

CW
I have a twenty inch barrel and run about 2950 fps with an eighty five grain bullet. I'm not loading max with either LVR or CFE 223. LVR gives me about 25 to 50 fps more velocity. A 22 inch barrel may up my velocity by 25 to 50 fps. Every barrel is different. I like my 20" barrel because I carry the rifle in my truck a lot and it is a little easier to move it around in a hurry. All depends on what you need.
(02-09-2024, 01:57 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 02:17 AM)Labrador103 Wrote: Looking at the howa mini 6mm arc.  What are the pros and cons of the 22 or 20 inch barrels? Thanks in advance.
Not sure there is enough difference in the 2 but to me (a hunter) longer is better My 6arc is a 24" barrel
But I am more concerned about the 1-8" than length . I have 1-7.5 and there are some bullets that require a faster twist than I have.
I am thinking of a Howa barreled action to build another 6 arc but I just want the action I would put a custom barrel on it
I'm planning on buying the Howa mini barralled action in 6arc. Your post made me realize I hadn't checked on the twist rate of their barrel. I just called Brownells and they say it is 7.5?  What bullets are you using that don't stabilize with the 7.5 twist?
(02-21-2024, 04:19 PM)rocknrod Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 01:57 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:
I'm planning on buying the Howa mini barralled action in 6arc. Your post made me realize I hadn't checked on the twist rate of their barrel. I just called Brownells and they say it is 7.5?  What bullets are you using that don't stabilize with the 7.5 twist?
On the Howa web site every single 6arc has a 1-8 twist but they do not list for the barreled actions . They might put a different barrel on the bare action I would check with some on here that have already bought or check with Howa, just to be sure. But I haven't bought one yet

I was just on with Ken at brownel's he said 1-8  . for me I want a 1-7.5  but that's just me
I have read this a few times. I also read that altho it says 1:8. Barrels of some are 1:7.5. Mine has yet to arrive. So Ill try to remember to update.

BTW. Brownells is OOS on Barrelled action 6arc in 20". Supposed ta have more about June1 but CS said they had a buikding "back order" list and that would be filled first.

I bought a complete rifle off GB.

CW
The difference in the 20" and 22" barrel on the Howa Mini is that the 20" is their HVB {heavy varmint barrel and the 22" barrel is their slendor Sporter Profile. The other difference you see with these barreled actions is that the 20" battel is threaded 5/8" x 24tpi, but the 22" barrel is threaded 1/2" x 28tpi.

Something you might want to confirm before purchasing your Howa Mini 1500 barreled action from Brownells...
(02-26-2024, 12:10 AM)Oso Polaris Wrote: The difference in the 20" and 22" barrel on the Howa Mini is that the 20" is their HVB {heavy varmint barrel and the 22" barrel is their slendor Sporter Profile.  The other difference you see with these barreled actions is that the 20" battel is threaded 5/8" x 24tpi, but the 22" barrel is threaded 1/2" x 28tpi.

Something you might want to confirm before purchasing your Howa Mini 1500 barreled action from Brownells...
I hope ta have my 20" HB this coming weekend. I can then comfirm twist. 

I already have a 22" Howa Mini in Grendel. (NOT Tbreaded). When I bought, ONLY 20" can threaded.  News to me that 22" now comes threaded. Also I see STAINLESS offered!! 
Also as of beginning of the month, Brownells was OUT of HB in 6mm ARC. More due in June 1. 

CW
I just looked at a new Howa Mini this afternoon, and the 20" barrel was marked 1-7.5"
(02-27-2024, 02:03 AM)300BLK Wrote: I just looked at a new Howa Mini  this afternoon, and the 20"  barrel was marked 1-7.5"
This is what I am hoping for. Smile 
Im hoping to be able to confirm your information very soon!! 
CW
(02-28-2024, 11:59 PM)Cwlongshot Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 02:03 AM)300BLK Wrote: I just looked at a new Howa Mini  this afternoon, and the 20"  barrel was marked 1-7.5"
This is what I am hoping for. Smile 
Im hoping to be able to confirm your information very soon!! 
CW
I picked mine up today. 
Yes further conformation, The Howa 1500 Mini 6arc is 1:7.5 twist.