Primers ?
Which is best 

BR4 ,CCI 400 ,  CCI 450 or something else ?

I currently have 200 cci 400 O.E.M my local reload store sold me and 200 Federal  Champion 205 that I got after seeing them on Hornady load data for 6arc bolt gun.
But am ready to buy for the future thinking they will last so I should get and use just one for consistency .

Thanks
I shoot primarily AR15s, and load for plinking and target shooting. For plinking I use CCI #41 primers and for target shooting I use BR4. Both to my knowledge have a thicker cup …. which is a good idea when shooting a rifle with a floating firing pin. When I was in the Marines we did a live fire exercise at 29 Palms. One of the grunts while on patrol tripped and fell striking his M16 on a rock. This impact cause a round to discharge and injured a fellow Marine in the platoon.
CCI BR4, 450 & #41 primers are all pretty much the same. They're all good for AR type rifles along with Federal 205M, GM205M, GM205MAR, Remington 7 1/2 BR & Winchester #41.

CCI 400s may suffer from slam fires in ARs due to the inertia of their floating firing pins. I'd have no problem using 400s in bolt guns though. Don't use Remington 6 1/2 in ARs. Their cup thickness is the same as CCI 400s.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
CCi 34 is a large rifle primer, you probably meant cci #41, which is the small rifle version... cci 41 and cci 450 are same basically, and as mentioned the primers above - pretty good list.
For my ARs I usually use either 450 or the cci 41. Sometimes I have some fed 205m's in there. But the 205m's I use in the small primer bolt actions, like my 6.5 grendel howa/pf-barrel, and the 6 Arc uintah.
For my 223 bolt action I have the 400's basically.
I have had some problems with small receiver howa's, like grendel and 6Arc, their 223 bolt action, that will fail to ignite a cci41 so when I need a primer for them, I use anything but #41.
Just been my experience. the 41's and 450's work fine in an AR.
If I had an AR10, I could use the #34's but I sold it. So #34's are in reserve in case all other LRP's I have run out with nothing to replace. Other LRPs, cci 200, br2, or Fed 210/201GM are great as well for LRP.
The Win primers seem to be hotter than most others, so if you do switch to them, be sure to start low again and work up. Matter of fact that's good advice any time you swap to a new piece/part in your recipe.
The Win primers seem to be hotter than most others, so if you do switch to them, be sure to start low again and work up. Matter of fact that's good advice any time you swap to a new piece/part in your recipe.

That is the reason I asked so I will pick one from the ones you guys said for a bolt gun and go for it. my local store has Federal 205M in stock so I think I'll get couple thousand and call it better, I won't have to worry about it for a few years then

Thanks for the input
I use BR4’s for my precision loads. Cci 400’s and federal 205’s for my practice loads. The 400’s and 205’s both work great so by whichever is cheapest, normally 205’s.