First time in history!
I pre-ordered the Proof 18" Carbon barrel knowing full well they weren't supposed to 'start' shipping till Nov 3.... Which I interpreted as probably a bit later. Well without an email for tracking, guess what showed up yesterday??? Really impressed with the build quality and had time to assemble the upper consisting of a Seekins billet receiver and NOXs 15" handguard, CMC BCG, Superlative GB, Raptor CH and BFTs three prong flash hider out front. For optics I ordered a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 milxt and ADM Recon so have to wait for the scope to put some rounds downrange. I did cycle some of the Hornady 105s through it with no wedgies but I'm pretty sure these are the newer 'shorter' oal versions. Pics to follow. Smile
That sounds like it's going to be a very nice build. The whole debacle with the out of spec chambers is behind us. Hornady sent the barrel manufactures the wrong reamers, no fault of the vendors. But if they had measured the chambers before sending them out instead of just measuring a select few the problem would have been caught up front. I am in the process of building my third 6mm ARC right now, the remainder of the parts are scheduled to be here this coming Tuesday. Hopefully I will get it to the range the following weekend. This is going to be my practice rifle as the other one I have has a match grade barrel and shoots sub 1/2 MOA. Good luck with your build. I tried to do a Proof barrel when they released this platform, but they told me 8 to 12 weeks turn around which I interpenetrated to 12 to 20 weeks. Ended up with an Odin Works barrel. I have a 20" Faxon and am building an 18" Faxon right now.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
All I need to build a 6mmARC AR is a barrel & a scope. I'm building it off a 22 Nosler I built almost 3 years ago but never shot a round out of it. It has a CMMG lower, a Stag upper & I replaced the bolt with a Monster Grendel bolt. The carrier is the one that was in the 22 Nosler but don't remember who made it. It has a 15" MI handguard & a GI A1 rifle buffer, spring & stock.

I've ordered a 20" (+1) barrel from PF on 9/23. The PF site says 6 to 8 weeks delivery. Is that customary from PF or will the wait be longer? Haven't decided on a scope yet. Dang, there's so many good ones to choose from!

I want a 6mm ARC bolt gun too. Hoping Howa will offer one soon.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(10-03-2020, 11:08 PM)Dino11 Wrote: That sounds like it's going to be a very nice build. The whole debacle with the out of spec chambers is behind us. Hornady sent the barrel manufactures the wrong reamers, no fault of the vendors. But if they had measured the chambers before sending them out instead of just measuring a select few the problem would have been caught up front. I am in the process of building my third 6mm ARC right now, the remainder of the parts are scheduled to be here this coming Tuesday. Hopefully I will get it to the range the following weekend. This is going to be my practice rifle as the other one I have has a match grade barrel and shoots sub 1/2 MOA. Good luck with your build. I tried to do a Proof barrel when they released this platform, but they told me 8 to 12 weeks turn around which I interpenetrated to 12 to 20 weeks. Ended up with an Odin Works barrel. I have a 20" Faxon and am building an 18" Faxon right now.
Thanks man, I was assuming the chamber discrepancies would be sorted out by the time I got my barrel so was happy when it cycled smoothly. Have read your threads and hope mine shoots as well as yours Smile

(10-04-2020, 03:18 AM)Old Bob Wrote: All I need to build a 6mmARC AR is a barrel & a scope. I'm building it off a 22 Nosler I built almost 3 years ago but never shot a round out of it. It has a CMMG lower, a Stag upper & I replaced the bolt with a Monster Grendel bolt. The carrier is the one that was in the 22 Nosler but don't remember who made it. It has a 15" MI handguard & a GI A1 rifle buffer, spring & stock.

I've ordered a 20" (+1) barrel from PF on 9/23. The PF site says 6 to 8 weeks delivery. Is that customary from PF or will the wait be longer? Haven't decided on a scope yet. Dang, there's so many good ones to choose from!

Yeah that should be an easy transition. I've never ordered from PF but have read great things on the Grendel forum about quality...you do have to wait, but apparently it's worth it.
Promised pics Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-06-2020, 11:25 PM)danm Wrote: Promised pics Smile
OK, here's the finished build with one short range trip in the books just for zeroing and function test mainly. First three out of the pipe were .750" and after zeroed I was boringly ringing the 300 and 525 15" steel at my buddies property. Ranging a particular ridge in his perimeter I think I can safely put another target at 960ish. Ran great with  Hornady 105s except didn't hold the bolt open on the last round. I have an SA gas block but it was set at full open for initial testing. Next to try the 108s... a few normal feeds and then apparent under gassed malfunctions... shot all 20 with several malfs.... Then when I got home I remembered that the lower I was using had an H2 buffer in it so searched the parts bin and found a carbine buffer which I assume the Proof 18" barrel was designed to work with... Report back when I get back out.

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-04-2020, 03:18 AM)Old Bob Wrote: All I need to build a 6mmARC AR is a barrel & a scope. I'm building it off a 22 Nosler I built almost 3 years ago but never shot a round out of it. It has a CMMG lower, a Stag upper & I replaced the bolt with a Monster Grendel bolt. The carrier is the one that was in the 22 Nosler but don't remember who made it. It has a 15" MI handguard & a GI A1 rifle buffer, spring & stock.

My first Grendel I built 5 years ago was a barrel from PF.   Worth the wait.  Mine took about 14-16 weeks back then.   Great shooting and fun to shoot.
(10-20-2020, 11:56 PM)skyrep Wrote:

My first Grendel I built 5 years ago was a barrel from PF.   Worth the wait.  Mine took about 14-16 weeks back then.   Great shooting and fun to shoot.

I have no doubt the PF barrel will perform well. I've never seen anything close to even a mediocre review of their products. That's why I chose PF. I did get my scope for this build... a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 LR/T. I've got dies powder, primers & Grendel brass I can resize. The barrel is the last piece ("Jeopardy" music playing in the background   Rolleyes ) .

Edit add: The upper receiver on my Grendel is from PF. It's a side charge billet. Great unit!
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Quick update... Went to the close range yesterday (10 min from my house) to function test with a carbine buffer and do some off hand shooting. 100% reliable with 108s and super ergonomic to shoot off hand. Very happy Smile