Getting started.
Hello from SE Wisconsin. Long time pistol shooter, short time rifle shooter. Retired but still working. Work PT as an RO at a large outdoor multi use range and love it.

Have been shooting in our ranges informal local rifle league for the past 3 winters using a Savage Model 12 223 and getting my rear handed to me by the 6mm guys.

Last week while watching for a new model 12 Single shot Target rifle I stumbled upon a Savage Switchback 6ARC. Hope to have it in hand within the next couple weeks. Now I won't have to rebarrel my Savage Model 11 into an ARC. Though I already have the bolt head to do it.

Starting to see more of these in use and a lot more information on the forums. My interest of course lays with the bolt versions of this gun.
Welcome aboard! Several guys on here have a bolt action, I do, Dino11 and some others whose names I've momentarily forgotten! Know the story about RT but still working PT... I do it mostly to bring in a little but also to stay busy and a little sharp.
It's a good crowd and lots of useful info.
This little 6Arc baby will reach out and touch those targets!

Edit to add, hornady has both gas gun and bolt action data, you'll want the bolt action data for your uses in savages.
(02-20-2024, 03:31 AM)grayfox Wrote: Welcome aboard!  Several guys on here have a bolt action, I do, Dino11 and some others whose names I've momentarily forgotten!  Know the story about RT but still working PT... I do it mostly to bring in a little but also to stay busy and a little sharp.
It's a good crowd and lots of useful info.
This little 6Arc baby will reach out and touch those targets!

Edit to add, hornady has both gas gun and bolt action data, you'll want the bolt action data for your uses in savages.
Thanks for the welcome.
Been planning this for a couple years and this Savage coming along just tripped the trigger! Already have 200+ pcs of brass waiting to size one I can determine the measurement this gun will need.

Figure I will run a couple boxes of factory in it first to get a baseline and set the scope. Scopes I have are Athlon Argos. One a 8-34X56 FFP MRAD, the other is a 10-40X56 SFP F-class reticle with 1/8"MOA adjustment.
Welcome. The Arc will feel like cheating after shooting 223 in the wind. Just need an accurate barrel and a little skill.

Enjoy!