Brass weights
Did a simple search and didn't come up with anything so I thought I'd post my recent finding.

Weighed through 84 pcs of Starline and 100 pcs of Hornady brass to start my learning curve to the 6ARC seeing as this is brand to cartridge to me.

Starline I found had weighs from 108.84gr to 109.98gr ES of 1.14gr.. Not bad.
Hornady I found weights from 109.92gr up to 116.00gr., ES OF 6.08gr.. WOW!

This is all once fired brass given to me from friends at the range. Now I just wish I could remember who gave me the Starline.
Yeah, Hornady brass weight consistency is pretty much worst in class across every caliber I've ever loaded -especially if you mix lots. It does come in nice shiny red boxes, though.
#FJB
(02-21-2024, 03:10 AM)KMW1954 Wrote: Did a simple search and didn't come up with anything so I thought I'd post my recent finding.

Weighed through 84 pcs of Starline and 100 pcs of Hornady brass to start my learning curve to the 6ARC seeing as this is brand to cartridge to me.

Starline I found had weighs from 108.84gr to 109.98gr ES of 1.14gr.. Not bad.
Hornady I found weights from 109.92gr up to 116.00gr., ES OF 6.08gr.. WOW!

This is all once fired brass given to me from friends at the range. Now I just wish I could remember who gave me the Starline.

(02-21-2024, 05:29 AM)StoneHendge Wrote: Yeah, Hornady brass weight consistency is pretty much worst in class across every caliber I've ever loaded -especially if you mix lots. It does come in nice shiny expensive red boxes, though.

fify.

Sadly Hornady is my last choice in brass if I have a choice.
Seems unfortunate that Hornady is about it for ARC brass.

I just tossed over 400pcs of Hornady 223 brass that a friend was saving for me. I had 100 I had been using in a load and after the 2nd loading I started having all sorts of issues with it. So that was 500pcs that were all processed and sized, ready to load.