Garmin Xero C-1 Pro
Pros and Cons for this

Thanks
It only measures speed at muzzle and while it does send data to the app it does not have app control so you have to push buttons on the unit to make changes. Device memory seems to limit sessions, but I've not yet found the limit for the APP.

I don't know that down range velocity is important, and the APP control would sure be nice to have but not a dealbreaker.

It is SO insensitive to placement and aiming. Just get it close. I have a mount to connect to my Arca under my handguard of use the mini tripod. I've used it in bright sun, and I've used it in pitch dark.
Garmin if you have the budget. If not then consider the magnetospeed.
I have the latter, I bought it before any of the radars showed up, and it works well enough for me that I don't want to put another $600 into measurements.
I have an old Chrony, a MagnetoSpeed, and now the Garmin.

Chrony was good to go, until I shot it, the MagnetoSpeed works well, and can directly upload the data to Gordon's Reloading Tool, but the Garmin is simple and easy to setup. I would have gotten a LabRadar, but it tops at 4000 fps, and my varmint loads go a bit faster (17 Rem and 204 Ruger), like in the 4400 fps range.

Another thing about the Garmin, it will fit in your pocket.

I'm on the same page about not being able to control it from the app, and just hope that will be a change some day.
from a fortune cookie, "The raindrop does not blame itself for the flood"

from a coworker, "You are testing the limits of my medication"
Thanks for the replies, it seems by this . It is exactly what I need . I want to play with reloading while playing with my tuner so nothing can touch the barrel.