Hello from Texas
Howdy everyone.

I ran across this forum and just had to check it out. I have been building ARs for many years and was never fond of the 223. I discovered the Grendel and was happy with it for a few years, but recently I decided to resize all my Grendel brass and go all in into the 6 ARC. I have not been disappointed.

BUT I did have to do ONE thing to my 6 ARC that was unusual: The buffer spring seemed too stiff so I actually had to cut it down a bit in order to get the gun to work properly!!!  Its a 20" Faxon match barrel,  but perhaps the gas port on it is too small... I may have to drill it out a bit. 

Have any of you encountered this issue???? Is it common to 6 ARCs?

Anyhow, nice to meet you all. I look forward to meeting shooters in the Weatherford, Texas area. I live in the country and have a nice private shooting range ( although its only 386 yards... wish it was 1000!!! ha ha !!)

Hope to chat again soon.

Gene
Welcome aboard! This is a good bunch of folks, and a very good little caliber!

As to your buffer spring question, I have not heard of this. Personally I confess I'm not an expert on buffers and which weights are best for what, but my Arc's all work fine with either a reglar buffer or a n H1. Springs are either the basic one or sometimes I get a "centerless ground" one. Haven't figured out what that really means though. They seem to be the same thing but maybe made a bit better than the standard ones.

To really discuss buffers and springs, we'd need to know the entire setup. If you want to pursue, maybe open up a thread in the gas/AR forum portion or troubleshooting...
(02-23-2024, 05:44 PM)grayfox Wrote: Welcome aboard! This is a good bunch of folks, and a very good little caliber!

As to your buffer spring question, I have not heard of this.  Personally I confess I'm not an expert on buffers and which weights are best for what, but my Arc's all work fine with either a reglar buffer or a n H1.  Springs are either the basic one or sometimes I get a "centerless ground" one.  Haven't figured out what that really means though.  They seem to be the same thing but maybe made a bit better than the standard ones.

To really discuss buffers and springs, we'd need to know the entire setup.  If you want to pursue, maybe open up a thread in the gas/AR forum portion or troubleshooting...

Thanks Grayfox for the welcome and reply.

I have been building ARs for over 25 years. My 6 Arc has a 20 inch Faxon barrel, rifle length gas tube and runs flawlessly... but only after I slightly reduced the length of the buffer spring.

I am going to check the gas port and see if I can fix that by drilling it out a bit, I have an adjustable gas block so I will be able to adjust it afterwards.  

I also have a new 24 inch barrel coming in a few days and will check that first before installing it.
It would be interesting to know what it gauges at. I ordered the superlative arms adjustable gas block for my 20” Bartlien. But with a +2 gas system I am not sure it will be needed.

Welcome aboard.
Welcome to the forum 6arcgene!