Savage Switchback.
Mine just arrived today and looking forward to shooting it and seeing what it does.

My Burris scope won't fit the rail is too long and my Athlon Argos 8-34X56 is going to need the rings completely readjusted.. As they are now they do not match the rail.

As also expected this stock is junk. Though as soon as we are finished with our winter rifle league I can swap the Boyd's At-One on my Model 11.
(03-02-2024, 03:17 AM)JKMW1954 Wrote: Mine just arrived today and looking forward to shooting it and seeing what it does.

My Burris scope won't fit the rail is too long and my Athlon Argos 8-34X56 is going to need the rings completely readjusted.. As they are now they do not match the rail.

As also expected this stock is junk. Though as soon as we are finished with our winter rifle league I can swap the Boyd's At-One on my Model 11.
I just cant get ta like those AT1 stocks. They look nice enough, but feel aweful to me. I bought a Spike Camp when they first was offered and. Wow... NOT IMPRESSED! I stripped the stock finish and began re contouring edges and contours. Its alot better but still not to my liking. Too many sharp corners all to lower costs.
(03-02-2024, 03:17 AM)KMW1954 Wrote: Mine just arrived today and looking forward to shooting it and seeing what it does.

I have been trying to buy one. According to my local store, they can't be ordered at this time?
You can order this yourself. You go to the Boyd site and you can design it however you like and then order it they'll build it and ship it to you in a couple weeks. I've done it many times you don't need to go through a dealer, at least in the United States you don't. Not sure where you might be. CW
I meant the rifle, not the stock.
Is the Switchback the same action as the 110T? If so, there is a 110T take-off stock on ebay right now. They have the changeable combs and LOP as well as the full length aluminum bedding block.
From what I gather, anything nowadays in the "110" line is based on the Savage short action (or long action but not concerned with that one here) earlier known as "model 10", as far as action screw spacing etc. I recently got a 100 switchback in 223 and changed it out into a savage magpul stock, so I've been through the mor. Note however a couple of things I discovered:
1. the switchback uses a 4mm allen head, vice earlier SAE, 3/16 IIRC.
2. Any replacement stock might need a set of standard savage action screws, but you can get those over the counter from a few places.
3. The bottom "metal" for mine was plastic, again you may need to get real steel, bottom metal for the replacement stocks. I think my plastic stuff also was slightly different in dimensions, but I've been doing savages for a few years and have the steel stuff on hand. The magpul stocks (and MDT chassis IIRC) come with all that hardware you need for their stock. sometimes the savage-supplied screws are different lengths than a replacement stock might take.
4. The savage "DBM" mags for these new, cheaper setups are an axis-style (the new type) where the release button sits out front on the front of the mag, they don't use the older model 10 dbm style... so as a result that bottom plastic mag well differs from the standard model 10 style.
5. There are some AI style 6 Arc/grendel mags available. MDT has one, AIcs I think (steel) and one other magpul maybe. You might have to try one or the other to see how they feed. For my 223 the MDT and the steel one work, the 3rd kind didn't feed. this is completely a case of ymmv however.

I have a lot of stock savage stocks sitting around, I'd sell if somebody wants them.

eta, watch out on the takeoffs, one has a skinny barrel channel and the other has a medium-type channel, which would be the one you want if you go for the takeoff.
(03-02-2024, 01:53 PM)Cwlongshot Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 03:17 AM)JKMW1954 Wrote: Mine just arrived today and looking forward to shooting it and seeing what it does.

I just cant get ta like those AT1 stocks. They look nice enough, but feel aweful to me. I bought a Spike Camp when they first was offered and. Wow... NOT IMPRESSED! I stripped the stock finish and began re contouring edges and contours. Its alot better but still not to my liking. Too many sharp corners all to lower costs.
As I am not fond of the general chassis designs and the ones with the straight down pistol grips. Though I do agree with the cut angular shapes they use, reason for going with the Thumbhole option. They also are not a bargain anymore.
I was suprised ta see the cost rise too. But what hasn't gone up...

CW