Rifle Decision
I was all set to order a Howa mini barreled action from Brownells until I found out the twist rate is 1:8. Maybe that would be adequate for what I want to load, but I really want 1:7.5. I was able to handle a Savage 110 Switchback (6.5CR) at Sportsmans. I was pretty impressed. 22" 1:7.5 medium weight threaded barrel for the 6ARC. I have never owned a savage. Stock may be good enough that I don't feel the need to replace it right away. The hard part will be getting one. Can't order one at this time, seem to be in very limited quantities. In the meantime I have the dies and all the reloading components I need. Just received 500 rounds of brass from Starline.
Howa twist rate is1:7.5 not 1:8. Something is wrong with the website info. I own 1.
They may have recently changed that. Someone in another thread said they just received one that was 1:7.5. Two weeks ago I was told by both Howa and Brownells that they were 1:8. Going to give the Savage a try.
I suppose that its possible that the mini barreled actions are 1-8", but both of the mini complete rifles I've handled are marked 1-7.5. One was from 4 months ago, and the other last week. Howa's idea of a "heavy barrel" and mine are completely different zipcodes. Their 6ARC HB is more along the lines of what I would call sporter weight, and their 22" is even lighter.

There seemed to be a fair number of Savages on Gunbroker the last time I looked.

As mentioned. It is 1:7.5. But truthfully, yhe difference isnt enough ta worry about lessin ya had ta shoot those SUPAH long 115g and even then. You should likely have closer ta 1:7...
I just received my Switchback that I purchased as used on Gun Broker. I have shot it enough to zero the scope with some cheap generic 80gr handloads that the bullets were leftovers from a 243. Ran out of time and daylight.

My opinion is the Savage stock is serviceable but lacking for what I want to do and with the 20MOA rail the scope sits too high w/o a cheek riser.

Also from what I am hearing is that the newest models of the Switchback are now using the open top receiver of most 110's and not the closed oval ejection port that they were originally produced with. So if that makes a difference to you just be aware.