Cortina Precision. muzzle device
Anybody tried one of these. I thought I would try one to see if it would help

1/2-28 tpi threads... so this is for a 556?
Most 6 Arc and grendel barrels have 5/8-24 threads.
There's a minimum barrel thickness for proper threading, so the walls are not too thin by the threads.
(03-08-2024, 10:07 PM)grayfox Wrote: 1/2-28 tpi threads... so this is for a 556?
Most 6 Arc and grendel barrels have 5/8-24 threads.
There's a minimum barrel thickness for proper threading, so the walls are not too thin by the threads.
No I have a 6.5 CM with 1/2-28 and checked before ordering this for my 6arc  
we’ll see how it works
It most definitely will help make more noise; as for tuning, well, you'll have to try it to see.
(03-09-2024, 01:52 AM)300BLK Wrote: It most definitely will help make more noise; as for tuning, well, you'll have to try it to see.
I didn't want the muzzle device part but after trying just the tuner I couldn't stick with a big knob on the end of my barrel.I know looks mean nothing BUT with my wood stocked traditional style rifle I was willing to have the noise to get the better profile. Hoping it all works out.

Thinking about this brings me to another question. The entire threaded part of the barrel is reinforced by the metal in the muzzle brake so where does the barrel bell out at ? 

I have a 6.5CM that was threaded as it was made and the 6arc that is being threaded by a reputable company plus the tuner is offered in that configuration , so is it unsafe or just not recommended . 
I saw on another site the argument for no 12/28 was you might install a .223 and blow something up
I have strongly considered this. But absolutely do not want a noise maker at the end of my barrel! I emailed him and he suggested

A V2 tuner and adaptor. About same cost but no sound amplifyer.

CW
(03-09-2024, 11:05 PM)Cwlongshot Wrote: I have strongly considered this. But absolutely do not want a noise maker at the end of my barrel!  I emailed him and he suggested

A V2 tuner and adaptor. About same cost but no sound amplifyer.

CW
I bought a v2 Tuner but with my rifle and barrel the V2 which is 1.5" in Dia. would have done the job BUT my barrel is .69" and that tuner looked like a big knob on the end of a classic styled rifle so I contacted them and asked if I could return it and get this one instead.They were very good to work with.  I will have to put up with the noise but that is something I am willing to do.

They had the V2 which is 1.5, the original tuner which is 1.25 and the ar Hunter which is 1" 

If they were to make a tuner alone at 1" or a adapter to remove the brake section from my AR Hunter I would love to go that route.
Never tried one myself. I'm on the fence. Not sure I am a good enough shooter to credibly run a comprehensive test if I had the tuner. Some may find the following of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFIimiBKZVs

Curious to hear the experience of others.
(03-10-2024, 04:18 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Never tried one myself. I'm on the fence. Not sure I am a good enough shooter to credibly run a comprehensive test if I had the tuner. Some may find the following of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFIimiBKZVs

Curious to hear the experience of others.
I look at a lot of his videos on YouTube . He has one on chasing the lands that I found very interesting . I am on another group on Facebook , I asked them about the tuner and had a reply from a guy that has used them and pictures of their shot groups before and after.
Worth a try , anything that can make me a better shooter within reason.
I'll be interested in what you find out. I personally don't believe in them much although Eric is a terrific shooter, and I've heard of some testimonials too. My own take (worth 2 cents btw!) is that for many rack-grade barrels it may be helpful, but the method I use is to (1) find a better barrel, and (2) use load adjustment (to find the MV) and varying seating length to find the "node" based upon timing of the barrel's length.

O, and for what it's worth an article on accurate shooter/prs blog bulletin, that said for most bullets, seating 60-100 off the lands is not necessarily the "Best" group, but it is one where sub-0.75"-ish groups are attainable for longer than the 100 or so rounds it takes to move your throat off of that "riding the lands" method... Like I said, my opinion there.

But interested, yes, in what you find out. If something helps, then good for you!
(03-11-2024, 01:56 AM)grayfox Wrote: I'll be interested in what you find out.  I personally don't believe in them much although Eric is a terrific shooter, and I've heard of some testimonials too.  My own take (worth 2 cents btw!) is that for many rack-grade barrels it may be helpful, but the method I use is to (1) find a better barrel, and (2) use load adjustment (to find the MV) and varying seating length to find the "node" based upon timing of the barrel's length.

O, and for what it's worth an article on accurate shooter/prs blog bulletin, that said for most bullets, seating 60-100 off the lands is not necessarily the "Best" group, but it is one where sub-0.75"-ish groups are attainable for longer than the 100 or so rounds it takes to move your throat off of that "riding the lands" method... Like I said, my opinion there.

But interested, yes, in what you find out.  If something helps, then good for you!
Well I screwed up when having the barrel made (no threads ) and there is not a place near me to have it done so may be a while BUT the plan is to try it with factory ammo then a worked up load so we shall see .
Hmm. Well you know, if it's thick enough (0.700" dia at the muzzle or more) I'd recommend using the 5/8-24 threading and talk to Eric about swapping his brake, it's fairly sure they have 5/8-24 b/c that's the most typical thread setup. Just a thought.
(03-11-2024, 10:19 AM)grayfox Wrote: Hmm.  Well you know, if it's thick enough (0.700" dia at the muzzle or more) I'd recommend using the 5/8-24 threading and talk to Eric about swapping his brake, it's fairly sure they have 5/8-24 b/c that's the most typical thread setup.  Just a thought.
This brake comes in 1/2-28 or 5/8-24 but I’m going to stick with the 1/2 -28 and see how it goes 
my barrel is less than .70 not by much but  .69

Let you guys know how things turn out

EABCO has my Ruger #1 right now doing some work , first time I have used them. If it goes good I'm thinking of either them or silencer central to thread my 6arc anybody have good or bad about either of them

Thanks
There is very little edjucated doubt tuners work.

When a "barrel is shot thru", think of it as moving like a sign wave.
If your bullet exits on a up or down of that wave, its less accurate.
Changing length of bbl, changes wave so to allow bullet exit, can be tuned, to occur on the top or bottom of wave when barrel is most stabile. Producing smaller groups. Yes different loads have different sign waves.

Liimb saver makes a barrel DE resonator that slides on the barrel to efectually do same. Its 20$ effects nothing (sans groups) Avalible on amazon. Maybe try this on a 22 to prove to self.

CW
(03-11-2024, 12:45 PM)Bassfish1952 Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 10:19 AM)grayfox Wrote: Hmm.  Well you know, if it's thick enough (0.700" dia at the muzzle or more) I'd recommend using the 5/8-24 threading and talk to Eric about swapping his brake, it's fairly sure they have 5/8-24 b/c that's the most typical thread setup.  Just a thought.
This brake comes in 1/2-28 or 5/8-24 but I’m going to stick with the 1/2 -28 and see how it goes 
my barrel is less than .70 not by much but  .69

Let you guys know how things turn out

EABCO has my Ruger #1 right now doing some work , first time I have used them. If it goes good I'm thinking of either them or silencer central to thread my 6arc anybody have good or bad about either of them

Thanks
I have heard more negative than positive about silencer central in terms of there barrel threading. Like to think they have done more good than bad, Though the bad is what seems to cary the loudest. No nothing about EABCO
The Limbsaver works great on my rifles so far!