New here from Jacksonville FL
Howdy all, 

This is the first forum i have been on in almost 20 years. Built my 6arc about 2 years ago with about a 2 year build time. 

I have always loved the MK12 platform but got bored with 5.56. I have a legit AMU SDMR from the early days of Iraq, full armalite rifle, with all original parts so i decided to build a more modern MK12 to give my SDMR a break.

Build specs are as follows

receiver set is an FDE Aero
BCM QRF12 in FDE
Magpul fixed stock (waiting on an a2 in FDE to swap)
BCM grip and trigger guard
Geissele airborne charging handle
Basic grendal BCG thinking i will have to swap to chrome when my can gets out of NFA jail (almost 1 year in jail)
Ballistic Advantage 18 inch SPR profile barrel
Dead air Muzzle break 
Geissele Tricon trigger
Kynshot Hydrolic buffer
Contessa 30mm mount
Element optics Helix 6-24x50 FFP scope (might swap for a 1-8 or 1-10). 

If you are close by drop a line, it would be cool to meet the one leaving me the brass at the local range hahaha.

the images are a mix, the black rifle is the SDMR from the AMU, id loved to get all the documents for it and make a showcase for it. the other 3 are different stages of the build to current date.

i guess it will take a sec to figure out the photo thing
Welcome aboard Middie!
I'll confess there are several parts-mfrs in your build I haven't heard of, but that's no big thing, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
NFA-jail is a bummer for sure.
I'm not the guy leaving you any brass -- I'm a bit far from Jax to go there to shoot lol!
sixfive outfitters, or Rexus, BFT's changing his retail website name... well they have lots of 6 Arc and grendel parts, plus a good price for starline 6 Arc brass. BFT is the overall admin who built this site for us.
Again, welcome!
(03-23-2024, 12:47 AM)grayfox Wrote: Welcome aboard Middie!
I'll confess there are several parts-mfrs in your build I haven't heard of, but that's no big thing, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 
NFA-jail is a bummer for sure.
I'm not the guy leaving you any brass --  I'm a bit far from Jax to go there to shoot lol!
sixfive outfitters, or Rexus, BFT's changing his retail website name... well they have lots of 6 Arc and grendel parts, plus a good price for starline 6 Arc brass.  BFT is the overall admin who built this site for us.
Again, welcome!

thanks for the welcome. what parts have you not heard of? everything together makes it shoot like a wet dream, especially with hand loads. The brake and hydrolic buffer make it feel like a 22 short. just tick, tick tick, and track each shot like it is nothing. as for NFA jail, i am only a few days away from it being 1 year since i filed, yet dudes filiing 6 months after me are getting their stuff back already. and appreciate the info.
Welcome! Moved to OR from J’Ville.

Are you clearing on a trust? My last one took almost a year. The ones coming back fast sound like individuals.

Enjoy!
(03-23-2024, 05:29 PM)SpeyRod Wrote: Welcome! Moved to OR from J’Ville.

Are you clearing on a trust? My last one took almost a year. The ones coming back fast sound like individuals.

Enjoy!
nice! i am a native of jax, one of the few. and i did individual april 3rd last year, first round of stamps had to be cancelled due to a death in the family, sadly the family member was not able to take possession before passing. So all in all this has been going on for 3 years. I am hearing recent individual form4s coming back in 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks, form 1s are coming back in 2 to 3 days. Yet, here i wait
(03-25-2024, 11:29 PM)midnitesi Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 05:29 PM)SpeyRod Wrote: Welcome! Moved to OR from J’Ville.

Enjoy!
nice! i am a native of jax, one of the few. and i did individual april 3rd last year, first round of stamps had to be cancelled due to a death in the family, sadly the family member was not able to take possession before passing. So all in all this has been going on for 3 years. I am hearing recent individual form4s coming back in 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks, form 1s are coming back in 2 to 3 days. Yet, here i wait

Sorry about the whole death thing. I’ve been dealing with the same thing with selection of NFA stuff for the last two years. My buddies estate.
best of luck!