Looking for thoughts on Ruger American Gen 2 6mm ARC
I see these Ruger Gan II are just starting to be released in 6mm ARC. What are your thoughts on this offering hitting the market?
Kinds mixed feelings for me. I've seen and heard lots of feedback that the gen 2's are real cheap, worse even than the originals.
The salesperson in the store yesterday said he's heard a lot of bad vibe on them.
I did, however, see one briefly at the range the other day, and it seemed to be ok (308), cycled smoothly, the guy shooting it liked it and planned to get a chassis though. It did seem to group ok as well.
I do wonder if the gen 2's will fit in the after-mkt stocks etc. Which is important to me if I were to get one. Some comments that the safety on the tang differs from gen 1, so maybe they won't fit.

So, personally not sure in general.
Interested in other folks' thoughts however.
OK, I gotta update this post, b/c I stopped in to my local SProtsmanss and they had both the grendel and 6Arc. I was able to cycle the action several times, and it is much smoother than the gen 1's, maybe a little sicky, just a little, if you lift up on the handle wile drawing it back, but that is not my natural pull anyway. The botl was pretty smooth, and there wasn't the sipper sound when coming back thru the action at the rear.
I also looked inside at the barrel, and Ruger has scooped out the lower approach to the chamber (kind of a single-big wide feed cone), I had not seen that in the gen 1, so maybe the round will cycle into the chamber better than my gen 1 grendel. The mag still rocks a bit back and forth, but they have it lined up to that scoop-out enough so the round should feed up into the chamber. There still looks to be a bit of a "jump" from that scoop area to the actual chamber/barrel face, but Idk if that makes a difference in feed ability or not. I wasn't able to cycle a round of course, and didn't have any snap caps...

Bottom line, I'd give it at least a B+ now for a small cal rifle.
Anybody out there that has one, would be nice to hear your thoughts on them.

Guess as of now, I won't categorically rule them out, the gen 2's, like I was doing earlier.

Edit to add, the stock is stiffer than the gen 1's, it will flex just a bit, but you have to put some decent stress on it right at the tip of the fore end. It didn't seem to want to contact the barrel any for what I did to the stock in torquing on it.