Compatible Magazines?
When I put my build together, I bought 2x 10 Round MDT AICS pattern magazines in 6ARC/6.5 Grendal, they work, but the issue is that I am using the American Rifle Company Coup De Grace action which is AW cut, so I had to trim a bit of the mag catch on the back of the magazines in order to get them to seat in the chassis.  They feed fine, however, I am also working towards the AW pattern mags, and knowing that was a less common item, didn't expect to see any in 6 ARC specifically, so settled on 308, partially because 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, and 50 BMG are the only other ones out there right now, all 'a little too big'.

I was able to get lucky on ammoseek and Optics Planet had some 308 available, and have received a pair of them yesterday.  They seat well into the build, and as you are likely expecting at this point, the rounds don't exactly like the extra room in the mags.  I can seat them forward in the mag, but I don't think there is much/enough tension holding them in against the lips, and am curious if any one has ideas other than just being gentle with it.

One of the big advantages with these is they are double stack, so I wouldn't have to be killing fingertips when loading rounds into them.

Mostly looking for cross compatibility thoughts, and workarounds people have used.
from a fortune cookie, "The raindrop does not blame itself for the flood"

from a coworker, "You are testing the limits of my medication"
Never heard of "AW" mags, what are they and how different from the AICS or AR mags...?
They are also from Accuracy International, but they are labeled as Arctic Warfare (AIAW). Form and Fit they go right into the same mag well as any AICS, just a slightly different cut on top, think AICS pattern on the outside, AR lips/feed.

For reference.

https://www.milehighshooting.com/accurac...-10-round/

From the sound of it, and the - looks like - intended use, I wouldn't expect any of them except for systems planned for severe cold weather, arctic situations... and so 308-style, 300 winmag, etc, would be where they would specialize. just my opinion though.
That cold of weather, and the 6 Arc's normal powders, I wouldn't take one there. Hahaha! probably wouldn't go there in any scenario! (too old and joints to creaky for sub-zero etc etc).
So I'll have to politely pass on anything related to them...
Haha, I grew up in hot/cold (North Dakota), summer highs in the 100s, winter lows around -45, and after having had heat injury, I'll take cold. Also, generally speaking, you can put on enough layers to stay warm in the winter, I can't take enough off in the summer without getting arrested.

While the cut and design was for arctic use, I also don't plan on events where I'm wearing arctic mittens, this is more of ease of loading the mags, and the cut of the action made for these types. Also, a 10 round mag is slightly shorter because it starts as a double stack, unlike the normal AICS.

I guess I could ask this another way. If 6ARC/6.5 Grendal mags weren't available, what caliber mags would people be using and/or modifying to use?

Most of the mags historically that people have/mod are short-short cases, like 6 ppc, 7.62x39, these all have the same parent cartridge, the 220 russian.
The steel 6.8 spc mags have worked for some, as an AR mag, it has similar feed lips and pretty much the same follower design, just a different color.
I think the issue you will find is how to reduce the width between the feed lips, for a slightly smaller diameter case than the 308 family.
Amend2 made some AR style mags that were single feed at the top and double stack down lower, they didn't take off very well, the single feed AR-style was just placed over on one side so it would still go to the feed ramp ok.