Proof Research has 14.5" on website
Carbon fiber or steel. 7.5 twist, intermediate gas and 23 oz for the carbon. 

It's what I've been waiting to see. I'm going to spend my day searching the depths of my soul.....

(They also have 20" now)
Oh shit! I was thinking after my 18" Proof C I might do a 14.5" build if I like the round that much... so far I love it.... Shit$$$
(10-20-2020, 11:58 PM)danm Wrote: Oh shit! I was thinking after my 18" Proof C I might do a 14.5" build if I like the round that much... so far I love it.... Shit$$$

A 1000 yard pin and weld..... 2450 should be attainable with Varget and 105 RDFs or Berger Target Hybrids. They start going transonic at 875 that speed in my parts and stay supersonic to 1100. I understand that at least the Berger's handle transonic pretty well. Or maybe H4895 -faster powder for the shorter barrel.... 

I get 35.5" total length on my mockup with the carbine stock fully open (where I like it for LR) and a VG6 Gamma 6.5 and 32.5" collapsed.

Add: Those ballistics would actually match what I'm doing with my 22" 6.5 Grendel with 123 grain Scenars and XBR since I swore off CFE due to temp sensitivity (accuracy windows were too small at speed and I was falling out of them). At least in terms of pure target shooting. 6.5G is still going to put more mass and energy on the target.
(10-21-2020, 12:26 AM)StoneHendge Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 11:58 PM)danm Wrote: Oh shit! I was thinking after my 18" Proof C I might do a 14.5" build if I like the round that much... so far I love it.... Shit$$$

A 1000 yard pin and weld..... 2450 should be attainable with Varget and 105 RDFs or Berger Target Hybrids. They start going transonic at 875 that speed in my parts and stay supersonic to 1100. I understand that at least the Berger's handle transonic pretty well. Or maybe H4895 -faster powder for the shorter barrel.... 

I get 35.5" total length on my mockup with the carbine stock fully open (where I like it for LR) and a VG6 Gamma 6.5 and 32.5" collapsed.

Add: Those ballistics would actually match what I'm doing with my 22" 6.5 Grendel with 123 grain Scenars and XBR since I swore off CFE due to temp sensitivity (accuracy windows were too small at speed and I was falling out of them). At least in terms of pure target shooting. 6.5G is still going to put more mass and energy on the target.
Agreed... Still using my 11.5 G for HD and my 12.5 G for VD.... Smile

Attached Files Image(s)